The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Stage act-gifts!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Greetings Members-

Any preferred options for a gift for help during your acts?

Always a flower etc for the ladies or maybe a bottle of wine etc?

What do you give your helpers during a show!

Not kids shows with certificates & sweets etc but more your teenage & adult help.

Thanks for your input

-Brent
magicreza
View Profile
Regular user
USA
126 Posts

Profile of magicreza
Autographed 8x10's
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I have given gift cards sometimes and that was always a fun thing to do. They remember you giving it to them, they remember you when they use it to way after you have been at the event. The gift cards can be for most anything really. It is up to your imagination as to stuff that you think people will or would enjoy. Just an idea.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Pavel
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Pavel
If there are not too many people in the audience, after a "in spectators hand bent coin" routine, leave this coin to them, they do remember and keep it for a long time.
"Truth without Magic does not exist" J.Faulz
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Give them a wand with your info engraved on the sides.
POOF!
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Interesting ideas there!!-Thanks guys Ill look at each & every one!!

Kyle-
Gift cards is a great idea-Ill look into this

We also- at promo shows before our big shows-donate a money tree with Lotto tickets or scratch & wins to be raffled so its a win-win situation for letting us promote our evening shows at the Mall or school assemblies etc

Normally on stage Ill give a gift wrapped box of chocs & a rose on top or at certain shows a nice Red Wine

thanks so far !!
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
I always feel that it's quite a waste to just throw away all the spoons and forks that I used to practise for my bending effect. Hence, I give out some of the pre-bended spoons or forks to the guys who come to the stage and help out me in rope escape effect.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Let me offer a suggestion from the old time pro Al Delage. When Al did a bank night effect, everyone got something of real value ( ie. a box of good candy), this left everyone feeling like they had won not been made a sucker of.

Whatever you give the person should not appear cheap. So them that you value their assistance in your presentation. It will come back ten fold.

I remember working a phone show and a guy did Wiz Cote. it just so happened he used my grandson for the routine. He gave him nothing at all at the end. I thought it was pretty cheap. And my grandson just remembered that his shoe came back in the local grocery store's bag. Think how much more he would have remembered this with a magic wand pencil or such.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2005-08-08 22:31, hugmagic wrote:
Let me offer a suggestion from the old time pro Al Delage. When Al did a bank night effect, everyone got something of real value ( ie. a box of good candy), this left everyone feeling like they had won not been made a sucker of.

Whatever you give the person should not appear cheap. So them that you value their assistance in your presentation. It will come back ten fold.

I remember working a phone show and a guy did Wiz Cote. it just so happened he used my grandson for the routine. He gave him nothing at all at the end. I thought it was pretty cheap. And my grandson just remembered that his shoe came back in the local grocery store's bag. Think how much more he would have remembered this with a magic wand pencil or such.

Richard

Richard-

Great advice-well said!!!

I will ensure all my guests leave with a nice (not cheap) momento

Thanks for sharing

I too believe that each person should have something of value to remember after the show!!-Especially the adult helpers

I still have a Magicians certificate from my first magic stage show as an assistant from 1972-When I see it & read it I remember the Magician & the show from all those years ago!!
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
Alain Nu used to produce and give away live goldfish!
ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
Who doesn't want a a giant signed version of the card they picked?
Tarbell!
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I like Hughe's ideas to include a good box of candy. But whatever it is, don't make it cheap and make your audience member feel the same way.

Now if it's me who's the spectator, then use cold hard CASH.

As your chosen spectator, just shake my hand and slip me a $50 and I'll play it up real good.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I also include a nice box of candy as part of my thank you kit given out at the end of the event to the folks who booked me and who helped me out on stage. It makes for a very caring and simple gift, but they remember you from it.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Stage act-gifts!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL