The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » My Review For Rickard Osterlind's "Mind Mysteries" Volume Four. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
As said before, I use a 1-10, with 10 being PERFECT rating scale. I judge on The Tricks, (Impact), Technique, Teaching Style & Understanding, and Video Quality, such as Camera Angles...ECT.

1) Glass Of Water Production - Though I had some idea to how this was done, this got me good. It's so clean. A paper Bag was examined, and so on. He took off his coat, watch, put up his sleeves, and Lo and Behold a glass of water is produced while having two spectators are at his SIDES HOLDING HIS ARMS. This will take practice. I rate it a (8).

2) Imp Pad - To be honest I bought this tape relucntantly (because by reading it, it had more Magic it seemed) for how to make this. For me for instant surrounded information it's not practical, besides I don't think I could make it. I tried to buy it from Hank Lee's but it's not being produced no more. Also I never knew it was a Osterlind invention. This Routine kills. Before the show he had something drawn, then sealed in tin foil, then put in a envelope. John then kept the pad, envelops, and everything, While Osterlind and myself are against Pre-Show work, IF we are to do it, IT SHOULD BE DONE AND PRESENTED LIKE THIS. He wrote a duplication of the drawing on a chalkboard. It was awesome. I rate this a (8).

3) Marked Coin In Bottle - This is a REAL FOOLER. I have NEVER seen a MARKED COIN in bottle. This will take some work however. Not hard to perform though at all. You crush the bottle to retrieve the coin, which is also good not only for dramatics but to get rid of evidence. Again not practical for me, for Street Work, but I would gladly do this for a hired gig. This ir far superior as I'm not good at coin sleights / switches. Nothing is switched here. One of the best items on the DVD. This gets (9).

4) Signed Torn And Restored Post-It Note - This is a nifty little trick that I think even I could do with practice. To me it's better FOR ME in some ways than his Signed, Torn and Restored Newspaper. The name says it all. It's not too hard either. I really do like this. I rate it a (8).

5) Spike Bending - This is a powerful routine. Solid Spikes, (most of them) are examined on the outset of the routine. He then takes and bends one with his mind. He then bends another one, then takes the first one back, and bends the first one more. For those who know the methods and subleties of Metal Bending this routine will not fool you, but this kills a lay crowd. I liked this. I rate it a (8).

6) S.O.S. Pseudo-Psychometry Bag - To me this was good, but to me at least the method was painfully obvious. Basically you collect five objects from people and they drop them in the bag why your head is turned. You then pull them out and tell which object belongs to whom. What saved this, is that he did lots of Cold Reading to tell about the object and owner. To me, I might think a audience might be wise to the method. It would suck if someone wanted to examine the bag. It went over well though. I rate this a (7).

7) Signed, Torn and Restored Newspaper - The effect should be obvious by the name. This has been a secret for ages from what I gather. This will take some prep-work, and a little practice. Also it would be best wearing a Jacket for the "ditch". This is VERY WELL DONE, and went over very smoothly. This trick is a real winner. I've never seen a Newspaper tear like this. Like I said the practice put into this will be well worth it. This would be the sort of trick to perform for a autition to get into something big, as well as his coin in bottle trick. I rate this a (8.5).

Bonus Material - This is very good. You get TONS of ADVICE, and his PHILOSOPHIES on his work, and Magic in general. It's priceless really. This easily gets a (9).

Again great DVD, with no real critisms. His style is probably the BEST, I've seen in a Mentalist, not to put the other ones I've reviewed down, it's just Osterlind's style is what I'm more drawn to. He's a REAL GENIUS. Why the Hell, I never heard of him until I started coming here two years ago, beats me. BUY THIS !!! I rate this a (9) as well. Ed, (Eddini).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » My Review For Rickard Osterlind's "Mind Mysteries" Volume Four. (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL