The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Viewed ESP Prediction – Osterlind (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
Viewed ESP Prediction – Osterlind.

Does anyone use this ESP effect from Richard Osterlind’s Dynamic Mysteries ?

It looks a very strong ESP prediction, with a nice bit of audience participation too.

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
It's superb,

A very easy method, which allows plenty for presentation. I also love the fact that they can see the prediction come to life infront of their eyes - perfect.

I would reccomend the book - not just for this, there are some phenomenal effects in there.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
snushy
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of snushy
I would add that a stronger version (in my opinion) is on Richard's Challenge Magic video. An apparent mistake during the game also appears on the prediction. To me, it's stronger than the photo-finish on ETMMM.
L. Zaslow
YOU KNOW WHY YOU DON'T SEE? BECAUSE YOU DON'T WATCH! - SLYDINI
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
And does anyone keep the cards all face down,
until,
they reveal them at the end, all together ?

Piers.
Smile

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
No - the whole beauty of the routine is that they see the prediction coming together in front of their eyes (at least half the group do)

Snushy, are you sure there's a mistake correctled on challenge magic? I don't remeber that - all I remember was the mullets! I thought it was identical to ETMMM - are you thinking of predict-tac-toe?

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1234 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Viewed ESP prediction is one of the best. best. best.

There.
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
Quote:
On 2005-08-09 10:22, snushy wrote:
I would add that a stronger version (in my opinion) is on Richard's Challenge Magic video. An apparent mistake during the game also appears on the prediction. To me, it's stronger than the photo-finish on ETMMM.
L. Zaslow

If it is that strong, I will definitley check it out.

The audience reaction to the photo-finish on Predict-Tac-Toe is priceless. The revelation left a woman in the audience aghast and rattled to the point that you could hear her voice quivering as she cried out "Oh my God!" (I'm not sure, but I think it was Janelle)
snushy
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of snushy
OOOPS!!
I just realized that when I posted earlier I was giving my input on Predic-Tac-Toe when this thread is on Viewed ESP Prediction. Sorry!
Viewed ESP prediction is a wonderful effect and one you can be prepared to perform anywhere, anytime.
L. Zaslow
YOU KNOW WHY YOU DON'T SEE? BECAUSE YOU DON'T WATCH! - SLYDINI
Gordon Fisher
View Profile
Regular user
Derby, England
193 Posts

Profile of Gordon Fisher
This routine is fantastic but I don't use ESP cards, or normal cards for that matter
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
What type of Cards do you use, bumbacla ?

Piers.
Smile

MrBadGuy
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of MrBadGuy
I was just watching Viewed ESP Prediction the other day and I noticed that Richard used some paper and a clipboard to write the prediction on. I like using a chalkboard for many routines including this one. Is there any special reason that Richard used paper and clipboard instead of the chalkboard that he used for most of the series? Or is is just personal preference or whatever's handy?
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
693 Posts

Profile of Waters.
MrBadGuy,

Possibly Mr. Osterlind will respond, but I am not sure if there is any reason. For me, it doesn't matter, but a chalkboard could create a sense of nostalgia. It could also nice to have a segue to Viewed ESP Prediction by first writing an unseen symbol and then having someone think one. It could be shown to have been correct on the chalk board. Then perform the Osterlind VESPP routine with the chalk board. With a bit of a theatrical backstory this could could be an nice way to perform this. Richard's is among a short list of truly great Zener routines. If one can buy two decks (one additional) possibly the Osterlind "Extra Sensory Perception" set could work nicely for this. You would just be predicting those images instead of Zener shapes. That could be a lot of fun.
Check out my (soon to be released) ebook, WANDERER at..
www.experience-architecture.com
Oscar999
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
I love this effect and it's one of my "go to" pieces with ESP cards.

But I perform it with the prediction and the cards face down.

I turn up the prediction and say it's something of a target, because It's not "me" being tested, but "your" intuition ... then I turn up the two matching cards (which is pretty dramatic) - then the rest of the cards to complete the reveal.

Purists might not like that I keep everything hidden until the end, but I've found it plays very strong.

Oscar
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
Right up there. On the stage.
235 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
VESP sounds too good. I will get Dynamic Mysteries, I guess.
It is better to be trusted than liked.
Under promise. Over perform.
tincture
View Profile
Special user
586 Posts

Profile of tincture
Dynamic Mysteries is one of my favorite magic books. The ESP effect is also very good and a lot of fun to perform! Check out the thought of card routine while you're digging around (It's the best thing in the book!)
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2285 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Is this available on any other Osterlind videos besides Dynamic Mysteries?
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
rgnprof
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of rgnprof
Michael,

It's on Easy to Master Mental Miracles - Volume 4...I think it's the same routine.

ryan
rgnprof
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of rgnprof
Michael,

It's on Easy to Master Mental Miracles - Volume 4...I think it's the same routine.

ryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Viewed ESP Prediction – Osterlind (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL