The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Sandsational Rope Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andy Charlton
View Profile
Veteran user
Palma Nova Mallorca Spain
311 Posts

Profile of Andy Charlton
Name: Sandsational Rope, 3 effects

Author: George Sands

Price: $20.00 Plus postage (DVD $50.00 Plus postage.)

Pages/Length: 66

Difficulty: Hard to say Some parts very easy, some parts more fiddley. Certainly a routine could be put together very easily, though some other parts would take more work

Out of 10: 10

Contents The Sandsational Rope Routine. The Ropesational Rope Routine. Needless Threading.

For more details click here http://www.alansands.com/store/sandsrope.html

Comments If you are at all interested in performing Rope magic, GET THIS BOOK

Sandsational Rope Routine. This is the Daddy of all rope routines. First published in 1949, and twice revised by the author. To the best of my knowledge, just about every cut and restored routine since has been based on this one. With an un-gimmicked rope the magician, to quote the intro:-
“ The ends of a rope are cut off. The centre is cut off as well. From here on in, the rope gets out of hand… The ends become the centre…the centre becomes the ends…the rope becomes a continuous circle…with no ends…or a centre…A knot is slid along the rope…and is untied anywhere…eventually the rope is fully restored….but as a two inch length.”

Ropesational The perfect walkabout Rope routine. A cut and restored rope routine that can be performed over and over all night long without losing rope. Many different Variations.

Needless Threading many of you know I love, “Threading the needle,” which I learned From Mark Wilson’s Complete Course. This adds many extra variations each one more baffling, more entertaining and Funnier than the last.

Andy’s Comments. I love rope magic, It’s the perfect example of “Packs small, plays big.” For a long time I have used variations on what I thought was Aldo Columbini’s Mama Mia Rope routine. I was shocked to learn just how much he had lifted straight out of these routines. I have been searching for these booklets for years, and now George’s son Alan has put them out as one book. Most modern rope routines can be traced directly back to these booklets, and if you learn these, you will have all the tools you will ever need to perform just about any effect and any length routine with rope.

A couple of niggles re the website. The books aren’t “Auto-orderable.” For details of how to order them click http://www.alansands.com/store/orderbooks.html . I have to say that I emailed Alan direct about a couple of points, and his replies were always prompt friendly and Helpful, and these niggles are just that, no big problem.

Some of you may prefer to learn from DVD, and these routines are available on DVD for $35.00, or book and DVD together for $50.00. The DVD also has a bonus Cards to pocket routine. I haven’t seen the DVD, (Though if Alan would like to send me one I’ll be happy to review it ;-) ) But I have no reason to believe that it will be anything other than excellent. Myself I enjoy working things out from books, and I feel that I get a better understanding of the workings this way, but, Each to his or her own.

Just to repeat, If you are interested in performing rope magic GET THIS BOOK

Andy
"Keep that smile on your face, that excitement in your eyes." - Don Driver

Check out www.andyandjeansbigadventure.com
or
www.andysmagic.com
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1701 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I love this routine, and would love to perform it but I have just spent a very frustrating evening tryng to follow the very poorly written instructions in this book. The illustrations are, frankly, amateurish (and in one case - so far as I could discern - plain wrong), while the descriptions of the moves are baffling. Not only that, but as the routine has been re-written and modified through several reprintings it is very confusing to follow what is relevant and what is "redundant".

Great routine, very bad book, IMO
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
So rather than dishing the book, better get the DVD. I had no problem learning the routine from the old pink booklet about 15 years ago.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1701 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On 2005-10-07 18:43, magicbern wrote:
So rather than dishing the book, better get the DVD. I had no problem learning the routine from the old pink booklet about 15 years ago.

Well good for you. Personally, I expect a book of magic instruction to be clear enough to follow without having to purchase an additional DVD.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
shaunproof
View Profile
Loyal user
Parts Unknown
227 Posts

Profile of shaunproof
Thanks for the review.
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
The link above dosen't work. Years ago I bought the book from George and would also love to have the CD. Please give a viable link.
Thanks,
Ted (Leondo)
xxxRoyxxx
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of xxxRoyxxx
Ok. a magician had taught me a trick where the spec keeps cutting the rope unevenly. throughout the routine, the ends disappeared and moved to different ends of the rope. Also, there is a point where a knot was tied in the middle and it appeared that the knot jumped to different ends of the rope, while the magician held it in his hands... In the end, the magician p**med a knot and did a maneuver that gave the illusion that a knot tied on the rope popped right off(really the p**med knot) He told me it was a george sands routine.I need to find it. Is it this Sandsational routine????HELP!
carbone1853
View Profile
Loyal user
RI USA
240 Posts

Profile of carbone1853
No,that is not the Santional Rope RT. Although one could argue that the above rt was developed based on parts of the Santional rt.

The $4.00 I spent on the booklet was among the best money I’ve spent on magic.

Chris
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of wally
Booklet wanted for sandsational rope routine , uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Sandsational Rope Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL