The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Sponge Balls From Hell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
spook
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
150 Posts

Profile of spook
Not long ago at all I was selected to be the one to hold Redford's sponges through all of this. Why me? Why anyone? Friends, reading this doesn't convey a shred of the cruel weirdness one lives through when forced to witness this. Too, in the description he glosses over the inviso-torch flames at the end...swear to gods I thought he'd dipped the duck in kerosene somehow and was about to dump it in my lap.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
The inviso-torch certainly is a wonderful illusion when the flames are wrapped around an object it really looks like that objects instantly combusts. The trick is holding the torch behind the object and pointing it towards the object and away from the body.

Spook, thanks for the kind comments, the lecture group in Columbus turned out to be great fun.

-Patrick
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2005-08-10 13:54, Patrick Redford wrote:
The following is an excerpt from my small booklet, Diapason. Some showed an interest in this routine in another thread and asked me to post. Enjoy.

, frogs, cubes, sponge whatever! I loathed them when I was performing as a magician and still do to this day. They’re that special devilish little annoyance that festers under my skin until I scratch it away. No matter how great of a card or coin effect one performs, Patrick Redford

Anathematize
(The Sponge Balls from Hell)
copyright (c) Patrick Redford, 2004

a•nath•e•ma ( -n th -m ) n. pl.
One that is greatly reviled, loathed, or shunned

Patrick:

I despise misusing dictionary quotes, especially when they are self-contradictory.

Your definition shows that anathema is a plural noun. That's what pl. means.

Then is says "One that is greatly reviled, loathed or shunned."

One is not plural.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Bill,

I send this to you with the utmost respect and affection.

crotchety
adjective
having a difficult and contrary disposition; "a cantankerous and venomous-tongued old lady"- Dorothy Sayers [syn: cantankerous]

This is why we all love you so much.

Now, to the evil sponge balls. I looked in my cr@p box and all I have are yellow sponge balls. I'm thinking, "I'll be buggered if I'm going to go out and BUY new red sponge balls just to do this." Okay, easy, we're talking puss instead of blood. Just passing this one to those of us with yellow balls. Now, you ask, what if I've only got blue balls? My advice, you need to get out more often.

Raven
What would Wavy do?
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Okay, I'm so, so, so sorry. It's the cold medicine.

Raven
What would Wavy do?
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I enjoyed that, Mark! Take some more medicine, or better yet, stop by for a Corey Crush and a pancake.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Sponge Balls From Hell (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL