The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Facts about, (New)"Stars of Magic" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Pendleton
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of John Pendleton
I have lots of questions about this work, but the more I surf, the more murky I find the waters, so here goes.....

I'd like to get straight the facts about, "Stars of Magic" and it's time line.

The way I see it Stars of Magic was a periodical, published by Tannens (Stars of Magic inc) 40's and 50's, and contained some great stuff. (long lists of glowing testimonials posted elsewhere). Tannens also turned "some" of it into a book of the same name.
This was then bought and published by D. Robbins & Co. And bought again, and sold my Meir Yedid (MyMagic.com) - though it's the Robbins book.
The book seems to cover upto Volume11.

I'd like to know when the first periodical was released, when and if they stopped, how many numbers were in each volume, if anyone has a complete list of all the items featured against volume / number? Are and individual issues still published / stocked ?

I understand some very good Paul Harris VHS tapes are part of a New Stars Of Magic collection ? When did this collection start, and is it still going ? Is Tannens the place to find it (a search of their site didn't yeild as many hit as I'd have thought it would ?

Any other background about these collections old & new, would also be interesting.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
New Stars of Magic

vol. 1, no. 1, Wild Fire
vol. 1, no. 2, MacDonald's $100 Dollar Four Ace Routine
vol. 1, no. 3, Okito Box Magic
vol. 1, no. 5, Perfect Coin Assembly
vol. 1, no. 7, Incredible Card Tunnel
vol. 1, no. 8, The "signa-ture" Card Illusion
vol. 1, no. 9, Eternal String
vol. 1, no. 10, Metalogic

vol. 2, no. 1, The Immaculate connection

That is all I have of this new series. I don't know if it ever continued beyond this. These are printed manuscripts. These were before video tapes and such. They did begin video when that market came into being. I do not know where the tapes begain or stopped, but Tannen's was one of the first to offer this media by Garcia, rothe, Harris. I never purchased any of these tapes as the retail price was $70, and that was a lot of money back then.
John Pendleton
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of John Pendleton
Thanks very much for the contents list, I'm so intrigued about the series old and new.

I've found a great thread here:
http://geniimagazine.com/forum/cgi-bin/u......t=000006
which tells me a lot. The volumes went up to 12, in the original series, with two etra lessons. The New series is still going (I think).

$70 for a video is a lot of money now, IMO.
mariomagic
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of mariomagic
Who sells these, I bought the paul Harris one off of ebay and would like to complete my collection.
shaunproof
View Profile
Loyal user
Parts Unknown
228 Posts

Profile of shaunproof
Tannen's sells these. Or most of them, atleast.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Facts about, (New)"Stars of Magic" (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL