The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Vince Carmen's 'Houdini's Showplace' Sarasota (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
My good friend Vince Carmen has taken a long and sparkling career and condensed it into a fun experience for those visiting Sarasota. Vince has literally toured around the planet over the years and even had a stint as a Ghost Master in the hey day of the Live Spook Shows and worked with Phil Morris among others in the genre.
Vince played Vegas for many years as well as Tahoe and Reno and is even well loved in New Zealand after a couple of tours there.

Stop by and have some eats and see the big show. It's in a new location directly across from the Ringling Art Museum in the Classic car Museum building. You'll see the sign for the magic show. Vince told me (phone) that he has a bunch of my OLD 'Zibits on display as well. Yipes!(Vince was an early collector of my originaly primitive attempts at doing the Gaffs.)

Houdini's Showplace
Sarasota
5500 N. Tamiami Trail (Hwy 41)

Be sure and talk to Vince after the show...it's a great chance to visit with a Classical performer and it will be worth your time for sure.

By the way...you can see the show without the dinner if you like.

Tell him Doug Higley sent you. (you'll get more stories that way Smile )

Oh and for purists...YES, Vince got the Houdini Family's permission to use the name. It is official. That name still carries some clout with the public!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
Is this Sarasota..Florida? And do you have a number for the place of the show?
-Tyler
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Sarasota Florida to be sure. There is another?
The # for the Show & reservations etc.
is

(941)351-1250

It is a recording at first...it also rings through to the office IF they are there or you can leave a message.

(Might mention for folks new to the name, that Vince is not an Escape Artist but a Magician.)
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Sounds too cool! I'll try to get down there. Might be a good Sunday outing.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
floridamagic
View Profile
Regular user
lakeland Fl
157 Posts

Profile of floridamagic
I saw Vince's Show In his Last Location, Its the Best Magic Show In Florida.
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
Erick, I thought your show was the best show in Florida? Smile
floridamagic
View Profile
Regular user
lakeland Fl
157 Posts

Profile of floridamagic
Vince is a pro he's been around the block a few more times then me.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Vince will be proud to hear that Eric, especially coming from a working Pro like yourself...do you ever contemplate, since you're at Disney how many young ones you have inspired?

btw, you new site layout looks like a winner.
MagicMarker
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of MagicMarker
I saw this show I mentioned it on another thread. I really liked it a lot. Get the dinner. The food isn't great but Vince Table Hops. Leave a deck of cards on the table and he'll pick up on the Internation Symbol of Magicians.

Be ready to show him something though, it's only fair.

Also after the show Vince demo's some tricks that are for sale. Nothing you won't have seen before, but it's interesting to see some of those gimmicks that are in the bottom of your drawer in the hands of a good performer.

-Rd
brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of brandonford1982
Quote:
On 2005-08-13 10:44, Doug Higley wrote:
Vince will be proud to hear that Eric, especially coming from a working Pro like yourself...do you ever contemplate, since you're at Disney how many young ones you have inspired?

btw, you new site layout looks like a winner.

Yes Eric You inspired me! Not to become a magician but to be the best I can be and work to achieve a status level that reaches you and other calibur performers. One day I hope to reah that! Thanks for all of your advice these last few years.
brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of brandonford1982
Yes the show is great! Go see it!
magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
Flew to Florida last weekend, Great show make sure you all check it out
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Ok. I've got a gig in Sarasota this Saturday. Where do I go?
I just left a message. They'll call me. Cool!
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Vince Carmen's 'Houdini's Showplace' Sarasota (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL