The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Cleaning Ropes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Just curious how you guys clean your ropes. One of my favorite rope effects, Pavel's Kwik Kolor Knot, is getting pretty dirty. It's made of yellow cotton rope. I don't want to just throw it in the washing machine, because I'm worried about it shrinking, and not sure how the gaffs would hold up in there. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

-Corey
Corey King
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC / NOVA
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Handwashing in mild soap, like Woolite, could do the trick, and then let it air-dry. I'd test one end of the rope first, to make sure the dye doesn't bleed. You could wash a section at a time and probably save your gaffs.

Hope this helps, VB Smile
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
Jeff Dial
View Profile
Special user
Kent, WA
533 Posts

Profile of Jeff Dial
Aldo Colombini recommends hair shampoo.
"Think our brains must be too highly trained, Majikthise" HHGG
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
I do not have too many ropes in color, but the ones I DO have, I keep clean with Woolite and COLD water! Also, as soon as I get them, I give them a cold water rinse with Vinegar to help set any colors that might bleed. Go slowly until you know what it will do, and use a white paper towel or rag to test squeeze the first inch or so to see if it bleeds. Smile
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Geoff Ray
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Geoff Ray
I wouldn't clean coloured rope but white rope can be washed in warm water with hair shampoo and left to dry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Cleaning Ropes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL