The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Lethal Tender question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
332 Posts

Profile of ellisd
I finally got around to picking this up at the magic store and was wondering if anyone could help me out with some story suggestions using this effect?

Thanks, Ellisd
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
This is thepatter I use...

"Have you ever heard of a man by the name of Erich Weiss? What if I gave you his stage-name...Houdini?

You know he was much more an escape artist than he was an illusionist; however, he did have one illusion that later become one of the most famous illusions to date. Its called Metemorphisis.

Houdini would lock his wife Bess into a trunk or packing crate... He would stand ontop of the box... raise a curtain... and when it fell, they had switched places. It actually seemed that they had dematearialised (spelling?) right through the wood of the trunk and switched places.

Now I know what you are thinking... This doesn't look anything like that famous illusion and you are right! It's actually a working model. This card would be the curtain, this case.. the trunk... and as you see here (as you open the little packet show the two coins..) here is Houdini and his wife Bess..."

Basically you do the classic magic-force or selection and tell them...great... we will call this coin Houdini...

Now place your hand over the trunk and we will call your hand the locks...

Now perform the trick and they will be amazed!

Hope this inspires...
It's an idea that came in the book... I twisted the wording a bit to fit me better...

Good Luck!
Bryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Lethal Tender question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL