The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Joe Blow by Daniel Garcia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Hi all

Tried this effect last night on my mates at the pub, asked to borrow a cigarette paper and blew everyone away with this effect, did some pretty amazing card tricks, but this is the effect that everyone kept talking about, nice one Daniel!

Everyone was convinced I was blowing somehow, once one of my mates put his hand over my mouth to convine himself that I was not blowing, then everyone started saying that I was somehow blowing through my nose to know the paper over.

Thanks for sharing this impromptu stunner Daniel!
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Ditto. Anyone that's interested it can be found at Daniel Garcia's Project DVDs Volume 3.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
I like that Daniel mentioned that this was just his routining of a very old idea. The paper stunt has been around for a while. I'm sure he would want all of us to keep that in perspective.
drumdemon420
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of drumdemon420
I believe a paper version of this effect can be found in Mac King's Tricks with Your Head. The book itself contains mostly short sight gags, but it's still somewhat interesting for the price.

peace,
the demon
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I personally like this effect but I feel that it might be for the more under the influence type of cat. But the glass part does eliminate that. I like it and I will be doing it tonight.
Posted: Aug 26, 2005 12:42am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to change my last comment did it for my wife sober and it killed her. Great job again Hermano.
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
I'm really interested in the effect, can you care to elaborate more on how it works in performance?.Thanks.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
You stand a piece of paper on the table, and without blowing it, the paper falls at your command. Yeah, it got me when I first saw it
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
Quote:
On 2006-04-28 18:03, daddyof2 wrote:
You stand a piece of paper on the table, and without blowing it, the paper falls at your command. Yeah, it got me when I first saw it

Not exactly. You can't just say "Fall Over". You have to make some kind of motion towards it. Daniel makes kind of a gun shape with his hand, and talks about static electricity. After a few times, you place a glass, or salt shaker, etc. between you and the paper to prove that it's not air moving the papaer, yet it still moves/falls over.
djc89
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of djc89
I found that the static bit doesn't really work. I've performed it twice, and both times, my spectators believed me about the static electricity. They bought the patter and the trick was no longer magic, but a simple science stunt.
rnr
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of rnr
When I first saw this on daniel garcias dvd I didn't really think anything of it but from reading your posts and the reactions that you got I am gonna try it out
thank guys
rick
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
It's an awesome effect. I use a lot of daniel's stuff because I love performing in bars. joe blow is awesome. totally love it !

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
cjl467
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
71 Posts

Profile of cjl467
Quote:
On 2006-05-01 01:47, djc89 wrote:
I found that the static bit doesn't really work. I've performed it twice, and both times, my spectators believed me about the static electricity. They bought the patter and the trick was no longer magic, but a simple science stunt.

Totally agree with that -- and the static thing justifies going up to your chin -- so how do you patter now to explain the weird movements?

I also completely disagree with Danny's last phase. People can feel the "breeze" on that one.

Another funny occurrence: I was in a bar that's in an old movie theater (so it's like a huge open room). And for some reason, the way the air circulates in there -- the thing would move without me even doing anything. It creeped ME out!
ChrixF
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of ChrixF
Quote:
On 2006-05-03 17:29, Matt Malinas wrote:
It's an awesome effect. I use a lot of daniel's stuff because I love performing in bars. joe blow is awesome. totally love it !

-Matt

I couldn't have said it better myself. Smile

Chrix
MixEddie
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of MixEddie
Why even try to explain it? I don't think people will fall for static. That can't be the answer for everything. We use it too much. Just smile and say I don't know. It will become apparent when they can't seem to do it that there is more to it. That will add to the mystery.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Joe Blow by Daniel Garcia (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL