The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Card Trick Boxes: Labeling Prepared Decks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MajesticWizard
View Profile
New user
Lakewood, WA - USA
57 Posts

Profile of MajesticWizard
Hello all,

I have a couple of decks that were prepared by the manufacturer, and at least one that was prepared on my own. In all cases, I have labeled the deck box for what that deck is set up to do for a trick. Most folks suspect that a deck of cards held by a magician are stacked, doubled, specially cut, and so forth. I am just wondering what the various opinions are on labeling the box to keep track of which decks are for which tricks.

Any ideas on this would be helpful.

:stuckinbag:
- Shawn

"Explore your world, its waiting for you".
Dirko
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
294 Posts

Profile of Dirko
I have used the cellophane or no cellophane method. This way I know which one is the set deck and which one is the real one. I have never been caught during a deck switch either. I have never heard anyone say "Hey where is the cellophane?"
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3472 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
If you use card boxes with a picture of the back design on it just mark the card design on the box in any way you recognize just like you would for marking a full deck. You can .read it, no one else can
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Will Gordon
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
124 Posts

Profile of Will Gordon
Hello Brother Shawn!
You can mark your deck the same way you mark cards. On the back of most decks is a sample of the cards inside. Simply mark the desired area for the trick that is set up. To the lawman all the decks look the same. Good luck!

P.S.
Try this site to give you some ideas.
http://marked-cards.com/default.htm
ziatro
View Profile
Veteran user
Havant, England
322 Posts

Profile of ziatro
This link has plenty of good ideas

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=2
Stokesy
View Profile
New user
Brisbane, Australia
25 Posts

Profile of Stokesy
If you have access to a price tag gun, just tag each deck a different price, no one is going to notice that.
spiritx2005
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of spiritx2005
Now that's a nice idea Stokesy, but...errr...how many people actually do have their own price gun?

Cool idea tho'.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will
be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein ...
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
I just put a tiny sticker on the bottom of the card box and print out the trick name in tiny letters in red ink to match the box.

No one has ever noticed the little sticker.
Lazarus
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Lazarus
Micheal Webber taught a great idea at magic live, that involves secretly marking the sticky labels from a deck. I use it all the time.
Regards,

Laz.

"The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one other person." -Vi Putnam
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1147 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
I put a fluorescent sticker (available from office supply stores) on the outside of the card case & write "TRICK DECK - DO NOT SHUFFLE" or "USE THIS ONE TO FORCE THE 2 OF CLUBS" or whatever is required.

The spectators never notice.
redheadjuggler
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of redheadjuggler
Most of the time I put a dup into my decks. On the bottom of the box I always write the card in black pen. Been doing this since I started in Magic (5years) never been questioned, never even been noticed. I've also marked my Invisible deck, Svengali, and other presets in the same way. Easy, works for me.
Juggler
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Check out this thread. This might help.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Card Trick Boxes: Labeling Prepared Decks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL