The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Essential reading for new mentallist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Kenn Capman
View Profile
Regular user
Southwestern Michigan
196 Posts

Profile of Kenn Capman
How about some consumer papaerbacks on 'new age' and/or 'psychic phenomenon' so that one may have a better idea of what is being emulated?
"The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents."
- Salvador Dali -
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Good point Kenn. I've learned a lot from these consumer paperbacks.

Based on feedback, I would also recommend my own Black School book. I know this sounds like I'm blowing my own horn, but many beginners have suggested this book was a great way for them to start as it introduces easy material that needs to be performed well for it to be successful, pushing the beginner into thinking about presentation, one of the most, if not the most, important aspect of our art.

I would also recommend, Richard Osterlind's essays and eBooks on the subject. Then, anything that strikes you as interesting, that appeals to you, you should get your hands on ... and study!
Lord of Illusion
View Profile
Veteran user
Has his enemies stuck on
310 Posts

Profile of Lord of Illusion
I would always recomend "Showmanship for Magicians" by Fitzgee. The book is 50 odd years old, but man - it's still got good advice.
Edward Wolfgang Poe,

The Necromancer of the South
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Essential reading for new mentallist (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL