The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Johnson Magnetic Silver and Copper... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Just purchased a set of Johnson Magnetic Silver and Copper.
Anyone have advice on a good routine for them?
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
David, I pm'd you a routine that may help. Tom
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Thank you very much Tom!!

Posted: Aug 16, 2005 9:57am
-------------------------------------
Anyone know of a routine suitable for strolling?

Posted: Aug 16, 2005 8:27pm
-------------------------------------
Anyone?
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Sent you a PM.

FC
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Thank you both !!

Any one else? All ideas are appreciated.
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Anyone else have suggestions for a good routine for strolling?
tommy ng
View Profile
Veteran user
USA,Oregon
387 Posts

Profile of tommy ng
I also want to know a good routine for Johnson Magnetic Silver and Copper.
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
I am having trouble locating a specific 'johnson' set of magnetic C&S. Is their a big quality difference between sets sold as just a 'magnetic copper silver' (listed around 55.00USD) and the johnson set (that I cannot find)?!?!
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
I have a magnetic set, but I don't believe it is Johnson. It also uses an english penny instead of a 20 centavo. Either way, it is cool to have a magnetic coin set like this.

I have used mine for a standard Scotch and Soda routine. This is great for strolling, because you don't need a bang ring, just reset it.

I have also placed the copper coin on a close up pad, then the 50c piece part way on top, then a clear glass mouth down over the coins. Then swirl it slowly and watch the copper one vanish. It can be produced anywhere, but I usually just make it appear under the pad.

From themgicwarehouse.com:
Example: A playing card is placed over mouth of a drinking glass. A Half Dollar and an English Penny are placed on top of the card and the Half Dollar is slowly slid on top of the English Penny. Instantly and visually the Penny is seen to fall thru the card and drop into the glass.

(you could probably do this card one in the spectator's hands. Their hands could be used as the cup and you rest the card on top? Who knows.)

From elmwoodmagic.com, here's two examples:
A drinking glass is held in a horizontal position and two coins are set inside; an English Penny and a Half Dollar. The glass is slowly tipped up causing the coins to slide towards the bottom. When they reach the bottom, the Penny penetrates through the glass and falls on the table, leaving just the half dollar in the glass!

A handkerchief is spread over the mouth of a drinking glass. Two coins are seen resting on the handkerchief. As they are picked up, one of the coins passes through the handkerchief and drops into the glass. Not one unnatural move from start to finish!

TomK
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
Thanks for the reply TomK, just a quick follow-up. Do you think your 'non-johnson' set stands up well to casual scrutiny or should I think about investing in the as of yet unfound 'johnson' set?!?

Thanks in advance,

Barrett_James
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Barrett,

I believe mine is a version of Coin Unique by Eddie Gibson. It can be purchased for about the same price. Google it and you will see several sources to purchase it. I have seen several versions with different coins. It doesn't matter which coins you have, as long as they are magnetic.

Here's a demo video that I found with a couple of ideas. I have done these as well, just forgot about them. They can be done so cleanly, it's not funny.
http://www.magictricks.co.uk/videos/MTcoinunique.wmv

There is other videos out there, just seaarch.

Hope that helps.
TomK

Tom Kracker
My website
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I did a google search and Elmwood Magic has it. However, I don't understand why it is made of US Half Dollar with a shimmed US Quarter inside its face. So it's two moons instead of a sun and a moon set? http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/?nd=full&key=2626
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Think you can sorta do the same thing in the video with the Magnetic Scotch and Soda...and it's quite a bit cheaper than Coin Unique, though my friends Coin Unique is perhaps better made. I've seen a vid of the Magnetic C/S somewhere???
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Mb217,

Yes, you can do those same routines with Coin Unique or Magnetic S&S.

These are really good if you want to do a typical S&S routine with the coins in the spectator's hands.

I also use a Susan B. Anthony instead of a quarter, mostly because it is much closer in size to the centavos or english penny. Just an idea though.

This is a link to a set that looks exactly the same as mine: http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/pro......tem=5924 I am not sure what brand it is though, but looks like a really good price. I paid $50 several years ago from a different supplier.

TomK

Tom Kracker
My website
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
THANKS for the lead TomK! Membership in the Café has its benefits!
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Here's a routine that will require a table.

http://www.calmagic.com/silvercopper.html
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
No problem Barrett. Let me know when you order it and how much you like it. Also, if you come up with any new routines or ideas, let us know!!

TomK

Tom Kracker
My website
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Tbaer, I just bought a magnetic s/c by Johnson from the Magicwarehouse. Can you pm me a routine? Thanks. Anyone know any dvd with routine(s) using the above gaffed coins?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
Hi,
I too just purchased a set and would really appreciate the routines.
Thanks in advance.
Jeff
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Edward Marlo wrote a book on coins! called Coining Magic. In it I believe there is a routine called SOC that uses a ] coin, but iv'e used it with the Magnetic set. It is even better and can be dumped in the hands of a spectator. (For a short period of time anyway)if you have the nerve.

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Johnson Magnetic Silver and Copper... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL