The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Has anybody else seen this on ebay? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Tawkin2ya
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Tawkin2ya
Just browsing around ebay early this morning and I stumbled across this Unique Sawing Illusion for sale, check out the video.

[link removed, ebay links are not allowed on The Café]

Ray
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
869 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
That's funny because The Mirror Image Michael posted this site just a couple hours before you. Smile
i-o-f
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of i-o-f
This Prop has been on MAGICAUCTION some months ago. Seems like the new Owner wasn´t satisfied with it?!?
Oliver

c/o www.oliverdeluca.de
taylhis
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of taylhis
No, looks like it was used in a 1-time charity show and they no longer have a need for it. I've seen this live before and it was amazing. The high bidder is "maxellomagic" is that the same maxellomagic as advertised here?
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
It looks like Tony Spinas illusion.
taylhis
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of taylhis
Says it is Tony Spina's illusion. Please don't jump on me but who is Tony Spina?
taylhis
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of taylhis
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
A Magician. A good one.
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
Tony Spina was the past owner of Tannens Magic. He performed with dove s and illusions. The prop looked like his. I think only a few were made.
taylhis
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of taylhis
Yes, it says it is one of only two made just for him. Tannens, that is where I heard the name before! I still have my Tannen's catalog from when I was just five (1981). Anyway, thanks for letting me know and not 'flaming' me for my ignorance.
MajesticWizard
View Profile
New user
Lakewood, WA - USA
57 Posts

Profile of MajesticWizard
Most of what I've seen on Ebay for magic, are smaller tricks. Things you can do as close-up magic. I have the section of Ebay that deals with magic as a favorite page, but maybe I don't have the right section to see the large stage illusions.

Perhaps if I wave my wand....
- Shawn

"Explore your world, its waiting for you".
taylhis
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of taylhis
Just search for stage illusions. "stage illusion" and you will find this and Impailed and more!
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
869 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
There is something fishy here. Look at the bidding history. Why would someone jump right away $240? and after that one guy bid three times and jump twice $100 more? Then again one guy bid three times. Smile
taylhis
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of taylhis
Because on eBay, if the bidder below you was say $240 it would still only put them at $10. Would keep bidding 3 times to try and get just above the lowest bid each time being told he was not the high bidder. See here, [link removed, ebay links are not allowed on The Café] the guy is bidding against himself. That is just the way eBay works to my knowledge.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2464 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Nothing fishy. just trying to figure out the reserve probably.

s
taylhis
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of taylhis
Is there a good way to figure out a reserve on an auction like this?
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
Just ask the seller!! They will usually tell you.

Jack
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
No way to figure out the Reserve Price. That´s why it is reserve. You have to keep bidding until you get it.

The ilusion seems pretty cool. However when you look closer, something seems to be amiss. Can´t really put my finger on it. Just seems out of place at first sight. Maybe it´s me, but something doesn´t click.
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I remember looking at a black and white photo taken years ago of Spina performing this, and the girl had on the same style dress. Hmmmmm. Smile

I enjoyed some of the description:

* BEAUTIFULLY CRAFTED TABLE (ONLY 1" THICK) w/ VEGAS STYLE TASSELS!

Well the table looks a wee bit thicker than an inch, and, "Vegas Style Tassels"??

Oh well, thanks for posing the site, all in all, it is a good looking illusion.
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
With some of the "newer illusion technology" out there...I think this illusion could be designed and built to be a lot more deceptive. Great concept, good illusion, but could be better. Just my thoughts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Has anybody else seen this on ebay? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL