The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Information on throne appearence (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
I am looking for any information on a throne appearence. I have seen it done by Lance for many years and I do not know the true name of the illusion or if it is available for purchase. If it is or if anyone knows where I could obtain the plans or performance rights it would be greatly apprecated.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1321 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I haven't seen what Lance does, but there is an older Tom Palmer thing called Satan's Seat. It is a flash appearance in a chair. I have some work on this. PM me.

Thanks,
Richard
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Magic Auction has a great one. It was Doug Hennings.
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Currently owned and being sold by Kirby. I saw him perform this years ago when I was in Branson. Nice piece. Pricey but it is a collectors item too. Never know Copperfield might snatch it up :O)

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
The one on magicauction is not the trone appearance that Lance uses in his show.
It is like a flash appearance but you appear sitting in a chair
It was invented by Tom Palmer (as Rtgreen said)
You find writen info in 'tops treasure of illusions' - p.27 (satan's seat)or in 'haunted illusions' by Paul Osborne - p.97 (the dream seat)
Doug Henning used it in Merlin (john Gaughan build this)& the one Lance uses was build by Bill Smith.
Hope this helps
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
I have a video with Lance performing this. It looks like some type of Delkoter Chair??
-Tyler
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
It is definately not the one from magic auction, and it is not a dekolta, already have one of those. I think it is the Tom Palmer effect called Satan's seat. Thanks to all I really appreciate the quick responces. If anyone is in the NY area during the Halloween season please let me know. I would love to have you guys come visit my haunt, take a look http://www.headlesshorseman.com.
Until Anon,
John
www.underworldent.com
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
514 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
I live in New york and would love to come to your place.
mike
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Hi Mike,
Just drop me an email at TattooedMother69@aol.com and let me know when you would like to come. We open on September 17th and go through the 31st of October. Hope to see you there.
John
www.underworldent.com
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Just as a point of interest, does anyone have the Osbourne plans? I would be interested in getting them so I can compare them to the Tom Palmer plans I have recieved from Rich. Which by the way thanks a bunch it was really cool of you to email them to me. And I will send you pictures of the finished product.
www.underworldent.com
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Around Christmastime of last year Osborne also drew up plans for "Santa's Seat." You can find the design in Genii (once again it was around Christmas). It was the same effect, but themed differently.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Daktari
View Profile
Regular user
USA
154 Posts

Profile of Daktari
Osbornes reworking of the illusion is entitled "The Dream Seat". The plans can be found in his Haunted Illusions book as well as his Big Black Book. It is a relatively easy build and can be themed many ways. It is one of my favorite productions of a magician.
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Great, thanks for the info. I think that we have the haunted illusions book at the haunt, I will be looking for it there.
www.underworldent.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Information on throne appearence (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL