The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Tamariz's "The Glass" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1533 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I recently saw one of the prettiest routines. On the Steven's Greater Magic video that Juan Tamariz did, there is an effect (performance only) that he calls "The Glass". This is a combination of several effects, two of which are in the Vernon books...

Does anyone know if Juan's full handling of this is explained in any of his books?

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
"The Three Goblets Prediction" can be found in Sonata.
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1533 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Thanks, Uli...
I'm really looking for his routine for "The Glass". It appears to be a combination of the 2 card transposition using a glass (one card under glass, second card on top, they change places). He then goes into Vernon's 7 card Monte ending with the card, not on the deck, but in a wallet. There is much more than that, but it is about a 15 minute routine.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Ah, sorry, I was thinking of the prediction trick. Well, as far as I know, the above combination does not appear in any of Tamariz' books, at least not in the English and German editions of his works.
marcjh
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
136 Posts

Profile of marcjh
This effect is a masterpiece. I also saw this on the Stephen's Magic tape and was really blown away. I have many of Senior Tamariz's books and videos, but none have a write up or description of this effect. You can reconstruct a lot of what he does, but there are some elements of this trick that are sooo devious. I had heard that one year at his Escorial (sp.?), they devoted the entire session to Vernon's 7 card trick (it is 7 card trick, right?) which is a phase of the "Glass" routine. (How its always the third card is beyond me-- if you know the routine on the video.) I am hoping that someday his next book will be released and maybe this will be in it. But not to burst anyone's bubble about how long we will have to wait, I have an old issue of Linking Ring with Juan Tamariz on the cover. I think it was from 1993. In the issue they said that Tamariz would be releasing his book on the stacked deck, which was released something like 11 years later. But we can always hope.
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
Can you please explain what the trick is? It sounds intriguing.
barkmagicman
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of barkmagicman
Which book does it appear in?
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
The best part of the routine is his finish. He covers the deck with a shot glass and whenever he hits the glass a coin appears. This is done under the fairest and cleanest conditions so the only method is real magic. You have to see it to believe it.

Although I now know how he does the effect I am even more impressed how he routines his effects to enhance the value of all the effects in the routine. The sum of the parts become greater than the whole. His theory of false solutions leave you with no other explanation than he must be doing real magic. You give up trying to figure out the method and just sit back and enjoy suspending your disbelief. He is a master who should be studied by anyone serious about performing magic.
kramerica2010
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of kramerica2010
I'm 95% sure this 2card transposition is vernon's and can be found in the Dai Vernon Book of Magic.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Quote:
On 2005-09-15 01:09, barkmagicman wrote:
Which book does it appear in?

did you even read the posts?
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
barkmagicman
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of barkmagicman
There are 5 vernon books, so please cop your attitude.
AlexMack24
View Profile
New user
Auckland, New Zealand
56 Posts

Profile of AlexMack24
I see I'm digging up an old topic here, but I own the DVD in question and have just watched the performance and am blown away, especially by the coin in the glass ending.

Does anyone know if this has been released anywhere? Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Tamariz's "The Glass" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL