The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Si stebbins set up problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
Hi,
ok this might be the dumbest question on earth!
I have learnt the chasd set up (si stebbins I belive) ok I am having trouble with it
. most of the time it is working but I noticed that some of the cards don't add right. I understand the j,q & K have the next number from the 10. but when I cut to a king in the pack , the card below can be a five e.g with the deck set up
k of diamonds has a 5 of clubs under it. now I would have guessed k +3 making the 3 of clubs. what am I doing wrong??

many thanks

steve
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
Sorry just sorted this out. the ebook I got is wrong. the stack doesn't add up. I have been on line and bourght the offical (i think ) si stebbins ebook, and it all works well now.

steve
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
Glad we could help Smile
epsilon97
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of epsilon97
How many magicians use the Si Stebbins stack as part of their repertoire? Is this a commonly used technique?
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I've used it for friends but that's about it.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Prophet
View Profile
Regular user
Caledonia, NY
184 Posts

Profile of Prophet
I used to carry a pack with a rubber band around it for a Si Stebbins Mind reading bit I could do anytime, the would go into a card effect with the same deck.
Yours In Magic

Mike

Smile
If you are new to Magic check out my article
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462185&forum=41
Duct Tape is like the Force. It has a dark and a light side and holds the universe together.
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
I've used it quite a bit in situations where I know I can manage the audience. It allows me to focus on the presentation instead of some crazy formula or memorization. I don’t do consecutives, and I only p**k from a cut (Derren Brown style), never from the bottom. It works very well.
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Si stebbins set up problem (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL