The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Art of Card Manipulations by Jeff McBride (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Zenvedev
View Profile
New user
NJ
13 Posts

Profile of Zenvedev
On the mask thing- yeah, Geoff is right. That's exactly where Jeff came up with his "mask ideas." He also studied Kabuki theatre and a couple martial arts and took dance. He has incorporated ALL of these aspects into his mask routine. If you have never Jeff's show, his illusions are silent and he speaks between each of them to tie the whole show together.

Yeah, Jeff's tapes are good, but the best resource is Jeff himself. I'm one of his students and if you show him that you are capable, AND HUMBLE, about your work he'll be happy to work with you on anything. Not to drag out old topics, but there is probably nobody on this board that can call themselves a master. I do applaud you, wikiro, for admitting when you are wrong. We can get carried away sometimes, especially when we've just learned something that amazes ourselves.

Uconn-ron: I suggest you attend one of Jeff's Master Classes. He is also having a great workshop in January called Weekend of Wonder where Alan Ackerman will also be present. There are several more ideas that stem from his 24/7 lecture that he discusses in more detail in other lectures for students who he has seen on multiple occasions.

I try to not be too biased when I speak of Jeff since he is my teacher. However, he is really the best thing that we as magicians have going for us right now. If he wanted to, he could be on TV and be just as big as Copperfield and Blaine. Jeff favors keeping the magic real by preserving its integrity on the stage (magic is meant for live theatre, not TV although TV has revitalized our industry- give credit where credit is due) and also by teaching all of us, "brother magicians."

Oh, and I also give these tapes a 9.5 only because he saved bouncing the cards off the stage for himself, which I can respect. He gave us 6 hours on tape and saved 30 seconds for himself...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Art of Card Manipulations by Jeff McBride (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL