The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Floating Dove is better (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Amadeus_Magi
View Profile
New user
Jakarta, Indonesia
100 Posts

Profile of Amadeus_Magi
I can't understand why Kevin James floats a Rose in his Floating Rose Effect. I wonder if we could float a Paper Dove and play it around like Floating Rose effect, then we burn the dove paper, and Poof here comes the real Dove... Boy, I wonder if it's easier for a Dove Magician...

I Think we can use Doves, Butterflys or other flying animals besides the Rose
Magic Beyond Your Imagination
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
It certainly makes more sense to use a flying creature than a plant!
Smile
sethbek
View Profile
Regular user
New York
161 Posts

Profile of sethbek
Advice- stear away from bats!!

Smile Smile Smile
*poof*
Jeff Hinchliffe
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, ON Canada
279 Posts

Profile of Jeff Hinchliffe
I believe there is some sort of effect where an origami butterfly turns into a real butterfly, but I can't verify this. It just seems to me that it exists, can anyone help??
Pick a card, any card...
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Yes, it does exist, right now I cannot remember who did it though. Hopefully the answer will come to me. My brain usually takes a day or two to kick out the needed answer.

By then 40 people usually have answered what I could not remember. Smile Figures.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Amadeus_Magi
View Profile
New user
Jakarta, Indonesia
100 Posts

Profile of Amadeus_Magi
Hey Jeff, I heard about the Iishi Black Butterfly trick, does it refer to your question?
Magic Beyond Your Imagination
Amon-Re
View Profile
New user
Holland
86 Posts

Profile of Amon-Re
Not floating but I believe there is an effect in Paul Harris's book TAOA where he produces a live moth from a paper one. I think that would look very magical but I never got myself to do it.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2682 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I'm not real big on insects... lol, but I do like the dove idea!

P.
Brand New: - MICRO VANISHING STATUE OF LIBERTY ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.tenyoelite.com
Gr8neSS
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
53 Posts

Profile of Gr8neSS
The dove sounds great... as for Pual Harris' Creation (actually Patrick Martin's)
....that just sounds a little creepy to me... using a moth and all... or maybe I'm just a little freaked out by moth's (i.e... Silence of the Lambs)

brandon
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
Friends,
Mr. Jeff Hinchliffe is right. Ricky Jay performed it one time for the English TV.
It is the "Moth-Trick" out of "Chapďs Scrapbook".

A piece of cigarette-paper is shown which is tranformed into a caterpillar, which becomes something like a cocoon. The performer breaks this open very carefully and a LIVE MOTH flies out of it. I tried it, it looks beautiful, but if you want to do the trick every night during a professional engagement, you have to breed the darn moths by yourself.......!

Any questions? Feel free to ask! Smile
Ted Lesley

( The "Victor Borge" of Mentalism )
mforteath
View Profile
New user
Tasmania, Australia
62 Posts

Profile of mforteath
I have seen Jason Byrne on television make a yellow paper bird, and then throw it up in to the air, and it has become a real yellow coloured dove. Great effect. It opens the doors of various possibilities.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Floating Dove is better (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL