The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Book Test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2888 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I am with the other fans of the Hoy test, and Autome. I combined both of those, and use it to great success. Smile
zauber
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of zauber
What about Master Key Booktest from Martin
Breese/Terry Seabrooke? Anyone partial to this? Is it not MOAB and components of Ultimate Flashback rolled into one? Comments?
"I'm still learning."
-----Michelangelo
DonMarco
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of DonMarco
O.k., just because I never see it mentioned, and with the right presentation accomplishes all a booktest should:

I get alot of mileage out of the old "clip book" described in Corinda's 13 steps.
"Imagination is the Only Reality"-- Marquis de Sade
sandman690
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of sandman690
I have been using Ultimate Flashback for years and love it. There is so much that can be done with it! For the money I consider it a best buy.

Stan Smile
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
It is interesting that no one said anything about Richard Osterlinds's 'SeaFire Sequence'
It is a killer.

Ray Noble
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Is "A word in thousands"the Derren Brown book test?The one with the librarian that he passes off as photo reading.If not which one does he use? Smile Smile
Beetroot
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Beetroot
Harry,

I'd like to know which one Derren used, also. I know nothing about book tests, but this was a VERY impressive effect. Does anyone know?
Julien
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Julien
If memory serves me right, it should on page 108 of "The encyclopedia of mentalism as performed on TV", 3rd ed., 2d volume, by Nepomuk Resnizfoh.

Nennat probably has the exclusive rights for tihs series. Try to email them !

Hope this helps !
MikeTheRed
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of MikeTheRed
An earlier post mentioned the Master Key. I know a famous mentalist who was doing some corporate work in Las Vegas and dropped by the local magic shop to pick up a copy of the Master Key.

I have found great success with this booktest. I wonder why it is not more popular....

Any comments???

mike
Paradox
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of Paradox
Julien:
Very funny!
McCritical
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of McCritical
Quote:
On 2002-10-29 08:21, TLesley wrote:

You asked, what the best booktest to buy is.
Here is my honest answer: YOUR OWN!!!

Check out Richard Busch's "Number...Please?" It's not a book test, but his "Unknown Force" uses a nearly invisible mathematical force (when employed correctly) that should yield some amazing results. You can tailor the method to the sort of effect you want to present.

If you tailor your presentation away from the "knows ALL, sees ALL" angle, and use an "instrument of fate" approach, Busch's formula can provide you with a novel test that affects the participants on a deeper level.

Added bonus: A thin book (preferably under 150 pages) is best suited for this method. However a little foresight, a good memory (or crib sheet) and a keen sense of observation will provide you with multiple "outs" if you choose to use a thicker book.

Think of it this way...you're only required to be intimately familiar with 1% of the printed material offered to the audience while performing an effect that gives the illusion of having mastered (either through psychic claims, or a photographic memory) 100% of the material offered to the spectator.

Not a bad prep-work to effect ratio.

Here's my take on it...
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=82#0
Larry Becker
View Profile
V.I.P.
241 Posts

Profile of Larry Becker
Somebody incorrectly listed the price of Ultimate Flashback. It's available postpaid for $79.50. Five paperbacks and a dictionary. The new instructions are 28 pages long and include how to change the covers on paperbacks in a matter of minutes. The instructions for Ultimate Flashback can also be found in my latest book, Stunners-Plus. And a little bit of news, I am in the process of producing a new type of booktest in conjunction with Lee Earle. It should be available in a couple of months. I think you are going to love it! Yep. That's a prediction!
Visit our website: www.MentalismUnlimited.com
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
That sounds really exciting Larry ! Have you considered putting up a website like Lee's with a selection of e-books to purchase ! Or, even doing something like what the "Ellusionist" is doing, offering video downloads for sale. I bet it would go over "Big" !
Regards,
John................ Smile
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1584 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
I use Larry's UFB, in one way or another, in most shows. If you use your imagination a bit, you can come up with several more ways to use this excellent book test. IMO,it is, along with MOAB, the best there is.
best regards,
Tony Razzano
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Larry Becker
View Profile
V.I.P.
241 Posts

Profile of Larry Becker
My instructions for Ultimate Flashback include my routine which does in fact make use of Ultimate Flashback and the MOAB. Incidentally if anyone has U.F. and does not have the expanded instructions, (I believe it comes with 13-25 pages while the currecnt one consists of 28 pages) contact me offline and I'll download it to you.

I meant to say that it comes with 13-15 pages from dealers. Mine come with 28.
Visit our website: www.MentalismUnlimited.com
fordkross
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of fordkross
Regarding, choice of a book test, a lot would depend on what you're looking for. If you're looking for something to fool the boys at the magic club. There are dozens of relatively low priced book tests around. Remember , my dictum, that expensive tests are ones you never use. Cheap tests are ones you use over and over especially when you're getting paid
At the other side of the chain are the higher priced tomes. Becker's U. Flashback, might be the best compromise. I own mosty of the booktests and truthfully, that and the Mother are the ones I use most of the time. But if I did two shows a year, I doubt, I'd spend the money for the Mother.
I've checked out Insight and Final Exam, while they have supporters, I'm not one of them
from
Ford
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
Hi,
"The Key" sold by Martin Breese was invented by the late Terri Rogers. "A word in Thousands" is an Al Koran effect, which is sold in an improved version at Tannen´s in New York, but there is another booktest of Al Koran, which you can make by yourself in a couple of minutes. You`ll find it in the book "Professional Presentations" which is still available. My late friend Stanton Carlisle described in one of his books a very clever booktest. For this you can use any book you can get hold of in a restaurant or hotel. The gimmick is a small pad of paper, which is clearly descreibed in my book "Paramiracles". This booktest is easy and powerful and I do it in every show.

ESPecially
Ted Lesley

( The "Victor Borge" of Mentalism )
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1022 Posts

Profile of jlibby
Does anyone have an opinion on Steve Duscheck's Famous Quotations Book Test?

Incidentally, I remember reading an article several years ago. Can't remember who wrote it, but he mentioned an interesting presentation idea. He had acquired a dozen or more book tests over the years, so he'd bring them all to his show and set them on his table. He'd ask a volunteer to select a book. Whichever one was selected, that was the booktest he'd perform. Good way to stay on your toes!
International Motivational Speaker & Entertainer; Helps you get ROCK-STAR RESULTS for your event!

For your gifts and free trainings, visit:
https://JoeLibbySeminars.com
Julien
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Julien
As a sidenote, regarding Koran's second booktest, in his Professional Presentations, it is said in Pallbearers it had been previously invented by the late Hofzinser.

great booktest Smile
Beetroot
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Beetroot
No-one seems to have answered Harry's and my question re: Derren Brown's book test with the librarian, as yet.

I understand that only the UK contingent may have seen the show. I'm very interested in knowing people's opinions on what technique was used because some of the book test techniques I've been looking at are on the expensive side and some seem very cheap (and I know nothing on the subject). If I go for something expensive I'd like to be clear that I'll get my money's worth. Derren's effect has been the only book test I've seen in a very long time so any comments would be very much appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Beetroot
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Book Test (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL