The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Skitch
View Profile
Veteran user
Philadelphia
400 Posts

Profile of Skitch
You all know me, and yes I'm back again asking for help. I am looking for a really strong mentalism effect or effects. I have books, and videos. I'm just looking to buy some marketed effects. Could someone give me some reviews on some really strong mentalism effects? Looking to do it for close up work and no sleights or switches please. No higher then $100 please, thank you...... Smile
§kitch
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1235 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
I don't know if this will answer your question, but I rarely use marketed effects. In fact, I use only two. One I'm not talking about (because I promised somebody that I wouldn't) and the other is mark Strivings' SUC. never leave home without it!
Mahlstrom
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Mahlstrom
Get a bunch of really nice crystals at your local New Age store.
Use them for Kurotsuke (Max Maven effect) with an improvised bag. No gimmicks, no setup, nothing to write, effect is "believable" and gems are interesting in their own right. I love it.

-Mahlstrom
CENDRE
View Profile
Veteran user
FRANCE
334 Posts

Profile of CENDRE
Buy a NW; Learn some good pure forces (the 7, the rose, etc...); Learn one or two line of cold reading; learn 1 good book test; learn a way to peek; Learn a good tarot reading; Read a book of NLP (even if you don't use it, people like to hear pseudo-sientific terms todays).

Mix them, find your style, your prepared...

See you soon,
Il était une fois...

CENDRE
Paris
FRANCE
Julien
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Julien
I'm not sure that, as what you and some other posters seem to think, cold reading can be restrained to a couple of learnt lines,... but that's another debate...
AllThumbs
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
376 Posts

Profile of AllThumbs
Quote:
I'm not talking about (because I promised somebody that I wouldn't)

Uri doesn't want it to be known he really is using trickery? Smile

Best wishes

Kris Sheglova
The above is all rubbish, except that which you chose to believe
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Quote:
On 2002-10-28 15:46, Skitch wrote:
You all know me, and yes I'm back again asking for help. I am looking for a really strong mentalism effect or effects. I have books, and videos. I'm just looking to buy some marketed effects. Could someone give me some reviews on some really strong mentalism effects? Looking to do it for close up work and no sleights or switches please. No higher then $100 please, thank you...... Smile

Without trying to sound harsh, sounds as if a magician wants to do mental magic, NOT mentalism. And those of you who do MENTALISM know excatly what I am talking about.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
http://www.stores.ebay.ca/abstagecraft
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism Effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL