The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » How to use Muscle Pass? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
snowboard
View Profile
New user
China Shenzhen
86 Posts

Profile of snowboard
Hello there!
I just can do the muscle pass. But no master at it.
I think muscle pass is much like a flourish. Doing it nakedly under spectator's eyes.
Can the muscle pass be used as a secret move in a routine? Is this routine very hard to handle?
I'm a Chinese coin magic lover. Any feedback is appreciated.
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
The muscle pass is a utility move that you can ditch with.
milamber
View Profile
Regular user
So. Cal
128 Posts

Profile of milamber
I am currently learning the muscle pass for one routine in particular, Daniel Garcia's "Quarters", a coin through glass routine.

I never saw a need to learn it until now. Smile

By the way, this effect is available on Daniel Garcia's recently released Daniel Garcia Project vol. 3.

Steve
dragonchaos91
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of dragonchaos91
Yeah, I saw that in the beginning of his torn vhs. He does a few things that included before he gets into torn (to bad he doesn't teach them). Anyway yeah, ive heard of people who use it to show both hands empty. I also saw another man utilize it as a production of a coin. He showed his left hand empty closed it and reopened it to reveal a coin.
snowboard
View Profile
New user
China Shenzhen
86 Posts

Profile of snowboard
Thanks all above.

My doing mucle pass is unnatural. I don't know the detail moves utilizing muscle pass. So I dare not do it for a routine.

Does the moves utilizing muscle pass look natural and convincingly?
sullivanl
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of sullivanl
You can use it to ditch a coin into a topit with very little movement. Or as Chad Long does, you can shoot it into a coin purse as you dump out the coins from the purse onto the hand.
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Here's a nice interlude production with many variations and uses found in my Unlectured Lecture Notes. I call it the MP Pitch.

Classic p*** a morgan in your right hand and finger p*** a morgan in your left hand. Using subtlety approach the spectator with both hands 'empty'.

Reach out and produce the morgan as if you're going to begin a coin roll but stop and hold the morgan before you begin the roll.

Now reach over with your right hand to take the left hand morgan and MP pitch the classic p*** morgan 'softly' into your left hand finger p*** as the right finger tips take the left hand morgan. The proximity of the hands, the cover of taking the coin as you're pitching, and the horizontal 'flight' of the pitch is perfect in concealing the transfer.

Now you can go to a miser's bucket or your pocket with the right hand coin and classic p*** it as the left hand produces 'another' coin the same way.

Repeat until nausea sets it. This accomplishes the same thing as a Sylvester Pitch but with much less movement and all in the context of natural actions.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
I've played around with Charlie's idea in the past and it certainly does work. I prefer not using the MP in that situation. There can be a noise issue. I prefer to use my own Pivoting Changeover Palm or my Flying Changeover Palm to accomplish the same function. They're both described in my new book.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Shoot Ogawa has some great routines using the muscle pass which you can see in the DVD Cultural Exchange 1
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Quote:
On 2005-08-25 12:16, milamber wrote:
I am currently learning the muscle pass for one routine in particular, Daniel Garcia's "Quarters", a coin through glass routine.

I never saw a need to learn it until now. Smile

By the way, this effect is available on Daniel Garcia's recently released Daniel Garcia Project vol. 3.

Steve

Dose Dan teach the Muscle Pass? Is the Muscle Pass in Bobo because I can't seam to find it in there?
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
If you have a topit, the muscle pass is great for ditching a coin. Also, look at one phase of Shoot Ogawa's coin's to glass routine. He uses it quite a bit as Jordini stated.

I like to use it covertly as a changeover. Not often as much as I like to just do the good ol' coin falling up.

In an older Genii Magazine, there is a routine called Jet Coins Across. I forget the guy's name. But he does the routine cleanly using the muscle pass in a few ways. Even using it as a click pass! Its genius! Look through some back issues if you have any means to do so and check it out.

Have fun with it. See what you can come up with. I am sure that you could come up with at least 5 ways of using it covertly. Smile Let us know if you ever do. Smile

Brian
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
There is no muscle pass in Bobo. Go to Dan Watkin's excellent site where he teaches how to do the MP in his Foundations section.
http://www.coinvanish.com/
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1088 Posts

Profile of Nash
Tobias Pashia has a pretty cool muscle pass effect which will be on his next dvd..

its cool, gets great reaction.
Don't give up, don't EVER give up.

Corporate event magician
Lukas
View Profile
Regular user
Plymouth, UK
169 Posts

Profile of Lukas
Shoot Ogawa uses it to vanish a coin in his hand. Check out cultural exchange
vol-1.

Lukas
Make the difficult look easy, and the easy beautiful.

President and Minutes Secretery of the Plymouth Magic Circle

www.topsecretmagic.co.uk
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2005-08-28 20:46, Larry Barnowsky wrote:
There is no muscle pass in Bobo. Go to Dan Watkin's excellent site where he teaches how to do the MP in his Foundations section.
http://www.coinvanish.com/

I don't mean to be rude by asking this, but my answer to the question to get to Dan's MP was wrong. Can someone please give me a hint? Thanks.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Evolve, I will PM you the password.
Click to visit:
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
On my DVD 'Tied' I use it in lieu of a coin on the head ala Ammar's Coins Across. It gets great reactions from spectator's. Dan reviewed the DVD on his site. Also there is an easter egg routine (Dan tells you how to get there) on 'Tied', One of the sequences uses what Charlie described above as the MP pitch. I came up with the same idea (can't wait to session with you Charlie!) independently and it is amazing how far apart you hands can be and still do the MP deceptively!

A friend of mine (Mike Eaton) uses it to shoot a coin up a spectator's sleeve for a very cool coins across effect.
The MP is a wonderful tool to add to the arsenal if you don't already use it. Dan's explanation is accurate and will aid anyone willing to put in the time and effort learning it.
Cheers,
JTW
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
613 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
I use a muscle pass for two routines.

The first one is to "explain" how the magic is done. I start by doing a French Dr*p, then hold hands about a foot apart and kind of wiggle the hand that has the "coin", and say, did you see it jump? Then show the coin in the other hand. Then I proceed to "explain" how I did it. This time I actually take the coin (not FD), then show them what the wiggle looks like in slow motion. This is when I muscle pass the coin over to the other hand. Then I repeat the first part again to show them yet again at full speed.

The second way I use a muscle pass is to make a coin fall up. Muscle pass the coin upwards, then ask the spectator if they know how it's done. Then tell them it's a rubber coin, and do the rubber coin move... then drop the coin on a hard surface. Every time, the specator will grab the coin and try to make it bend. Of course, sometimes I have also switched in a pre-bent coin before I drop it, and that makes the mystery even more amazing!

TomK
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
I cant do it (yet) but I know there is a coins across, 3 fly type routine that is based upon the shuttle pass. It is great because it uses no gaffs, no extra coins, the coins can even be signed. I cant remember where I heard about it from...

Derek Merdinyan
knickz4lyfe20
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of knickz4lyfe20
Cultural exchange 1+2 show very unique ways to utilize the muscle pass. my hands are fairly large so its hard for me to do a muslce pass anything smaller than a poker chip so ya, not much utility for me =(. must need small h ands to do muslce pass with quarters
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » How to use Muscle Pass? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL