We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » How to use Muscle Pass? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
The Muscle Pass was first explained in Arthur Buckley's "Principles and Deceptions", available as a Dover reprint for very little money. It was originally used to produce a coin from an obviously empty hand. The left hand is shown open and empty, the right hand is waved in front of the left and the left closes into a fist. Another wave, and it is opened to reveal a coin. The hands are kept quite a distance apart, giving the impression that there is no way for a coin to have been passed from one to the other. All of this circa 1940, sixty-plus years ago!

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Thanks for the coinmanipulation link, this is gonna help alot!
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
I have seen a couple of the local fellows doing what Paul describes (from the Buckly book) with one significant addition.

The "catching" hand is never closed. The coin appears under a wave of the hand.

A very nice, almost, covert, use of the move.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13415 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Dan Watkins had a nifty use for producing a coin from a coffee cup if I'm not mistaken.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
603 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
I have played with the MP as an aquitment, retention vanish into LH, LH opened and the coin is coin, MP the coin from R to L on the off beat and the RH is shown empty ...
Ronnie Ramin
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Ronnie Ramin
I've used it to put a coin through a table at times. I do it standing and the table top needs a cloth or close-up pad on it. The coin is openly laying on palm up right hand (in MP position), and I put my hand under the table with it lying there. As my hand dips out of sight I simultaneously place my Left hand palm down on the table at least a foot from the edge. The Left hand shades the Right hand which MP's the coin up, over the edge of the table, and under the Left hand.

It seems like a logical thing to do so I'm sure others have thought of it before.

Ronnie Ramin
Aaron Moring
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
165 Posts

Profile of Aaron Moring
In Richard Kauffman's COINMAGIC there is a routine near the back where a coin is visible put through a table into a spectator's hand via the MP. Worth a look, especially for evenings around a coffee table.
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
I use the MP to make a silver dollar suddenly reappear in my hand after showing (ala "wiped clean" aquitment) both hands empty. There's more to the routine than that, but the MP makes the coin seem to pop out of nowhere.
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » How to use Muscle Pass? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL