The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3204 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
This book was just released. I'm curious to find out if it is essentially a reprint of material from "Marked for Life" or if there is enough new information to warrant the additional purchase.

Thanks,

Elliott
shale007
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, BC
28 Posts

Profile of shale007
I too have Marked for Life and would be interested to hear what additions might be included in this new booklet.

Thanks
Regards,

Shawn
Ignore me...
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Ignore me...
If you buy "Hidden in Plain Sight," you will get the full contents of "Marked for Life," along with an additional section, "Instant Miracles with a Marked Deck" (13 pages, 15 tricks, but 11 basic ideas), and one more section (28 pages) extolling the virtues of the Boris Wild Deck, and including a few practical techniques for use, reprinted from the book "The Complete Boris Wild Marked Deck," along with two additional effects.

If one is looking for excellent material, I would recommend the tremendous "Ted Lesley's Working Performer's Marked Deck Manual." It covers more than the basics, and with a little imagination, can fuel many miracles.

I haven't done an effect-by-effect/principle-by-principle comparison of all the books (Lesley/Wild/Charles), so I cannot say if an interested party would be best served by only one or another. I own all of them, and have gotten good ideas out of all of them.

And, going beyond the scope of the original question, although it is convenient to be able to buy the BWMD already made, I would encourage all of you to experiment with your OWN systems. Different systems excel at different things, and if it weren't for the quest to find something better, I wouldn't be so happy with the several methods I use when I mark something for myself. The Charles books both give good overviews of many systems, so you won't be starting from scratch.

Good luck, and cheers!
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3204 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you! So it seems that you get 17 new tricks with the book. That’s not bad for $12. I think I may pick this up.

Elliott
SamChak
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Profile of SamChak
The book "Hidden in Plain Sight" by Kirk Charles is quite resourceful on Marked Deck.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

~ Albert Einstein ~
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL