The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Aura Reading (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Autumn
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Autumn
Hi Stan,

Yes, I teach this method to my clients all the time - it is soooooooo easy! PM me and I'll be glad to share what I know about it. The book I referenced is very good - it's very scientific, you know, for metaphysical theory.

Autumn
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
Greg,
I realize this has been tested before. That's not to say that it can't be tested again. All that the previous test proved was that THOSE people couldn't see auras during that particular test. This can be tested again very easily. The JREF is open to testing different applicants making the same claim.

And Alexandre...OK, I understand what you're saying now. I get it Smile
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
For anyone interested, here's some info on the test that was done: link

Quote:
You skeptics take all this way too seriously ... take a deep breath and relax....

I'm a very curious person, and I don't believe I take auras too seriously. I'll try the deep breath though. Ahh, better.

-Jim
M. Perk
View Profile
Loyal user
Hilton Head Island
292 Posts

Profile of M. Perk
It is very easy to see your own Aura. Light a candle and place it in the corner of the room. sit in a chair in front of a mirror and close your eyes. Relax and take in 3 deep breaths. When you open your eyes you wil see your Aura. I did it once about 20 years ago. Never did it again.
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
Spooky,
What did it look like, M.Perk ?

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Simone
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Simone
I've seen auras and others have seen mine, but I'm not sure if that's paranormal or psychological really.
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
With a little concentration and thought, a person can believe to see anything. I happen to think seeing an aura is psychological or some kind of effect caused to our vision making us believe we are seeing an aura. Is there more info on this? Got me curious.

Anabelle
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
Quote:
On 2005-08-28 19:23, Anabelle wrote:
With a little concentration and thought, a person can believe to see anything. I happen to think seeing an aura is psychological or some kind of effect caused to our vision making us believe we are seeing an aura. Is there more info on this? Got me curious.

Anabelle

There is a condition known as Synesthesia that may produce this type of thing.

Also read this link http://tinyurl.com/cmxh7

and google the term "Synesthesia".

Enjoy

-John
M. Perk
View Profile
Loyal user
Hilton Head Island
292 Posts

Profile of M. Perk
There is a glowing light around the outline of your body. Sort of like a neon light. Make sure you place the candle where you can't see the flame. Just the light from the flame. When you open your eyes you see only the Aura around you. Not your reflection.
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Quote:
With a little concentration and thought, a person can believe to see anything. I happen to think seeing an aura is psychological or some kind of effect caused to our vision making us believe we are seeing an aura.

I'm a very curious person and like to understand our world. If people really have auras, I think that would be incredibly fascinating. If there's some kind of psychological thing going on, and people only think they see auras, that's pretty interesting too. I don't have an agenda to prove supernatural (or any other kind of claims) claims false; I just want to get as close to the truth as possible. To me it's important to know the difference; are the auras real, or imagined? So that's why I might ask a lot of questions; I'd like to learn more about this.

Also, I'm going to try out the candle and mirror thing. I wonder if there's some kind of optical illusion that has to do with a candle, mirror, and dark room. If you look at a candle's flame, as I recall, there is an aura-like "halo" around it.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2945 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Let us know what you see. And for those who don't succeed, there is always "The Aura Reading" on my website.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Amazon has a nice little book out on learning to read the aura in 10 minutes...or two minutes..;inexpensive and it works. Sorry, forgotten the name of it...this book is also most valuable as a method to teach students during a psychic party.

the 'hide beind a screen' thingy doesn't work because auras act sort of like the glare you get from a street light at night...obscure the light itself, and the glare goes away instantly, does not extend beyond the light.

Psychic skeptics assume they can make up the rules to the game, and if the psychic phenom doesn't follow their rules, the phenom doesn't exist. Just mho.

there are also 'aura glasses' occasonally on Ebay that train your eye to be sensitive to higher color frequencies (or train you to be aware of them, rather)

To assume auras do not exist would be to claim that any given magnetic field would not have a color to it at certain levels.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Quote:
the 'hide beind a screen' thingy doesn't work because auras act sort of like the glare you get from a street light at night...obscure the light itself, and the glare goes away instantly, does not extend beyond the light.

Would you mind elaborating a bit on that--I'm confused. The aura obscures its own light? Or the aura obscures the room light? What does "not extend beyond the light mean?" How long does the glare last? When does it start?

Quote:
Psychic skeptics assume they can make up the rules to the game, and if the psychic phenom doesn't follow their rules, the phenom doesn't exist.

Can you think of a fair way to scientifically confirm the existence of auras? Science has discovered and confirmed the existence of germs, molecules, atoms, planets we didn't know existed (a new planet was discovered by astronomers, not astrologers), black holes, and many other elusive, sometimes strange phenomena. If auras truly exist (beyond our imagination), why wouldn't science be able to confirm this?

Quote:
To assume auras do not exist would be to claim that any given magnetic field would not have a color to it at certain levels.

I'm not a scientist, and know little of magnetic fields. How do you see or determine the colors of magnetic fields?
sandman690
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of sandman690
Tom,

Are you talking about Auras: See Them in Only 60 Seconds by Mark Smith?

Stan
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
Quote:
On 2005-08-30 14:07, Tom Jorgenson wrote:

Other psychics have claimed that they can, in fact, see auras from behind a screen or partition. You can read about one such test here:

http://skepdic.com/auras.html

Here is a quote from the relevant portion of the page:
Quote:
The psychic was asked if she could see any auras creeping up above the partitions. She said she could.

How would you explain that?
beyrevra
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of beyrevra
Yesterday, after my second bottle of "wisky" I could see people and things to duplicate itself. Is this auras ? Strange isn't this? Smile
7th_Son
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
437 Posts

Profile of 7th_Son
Quote:
Other psychics have claimed that they can, in fact, see auras from behind a screen or partition. You can read about one such test here:

Quote:
The psychic was asked if she could see any auras creeping up above the partitions. She said she could.

So did she get the 1 million prize?

I bet she didn't.
"Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!" - Groucho Marx
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
Quote:
On 2005-08-31 20:21, 7th_Son wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

So did she get the 1 million prize?

I bet she didn't.

Nope, she didn't get the prize. Do you want to know why? I linked to the summary of the test, but I'll paraphrase it here.

She didn't win the million because AFTER she said that she could see the auras behind the partitions, she failed to correctly identify which partitions had people standing behind them.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Jimtron-
•No, obscure the body that produces the light, and the light vanishes, like the glare from a street light vanishes when the initiating body, the street light, is obscured.

•...does not extend beyond the street light.

•The aura IS the electronic field that the body produces. It is the same thing. Scientists have discovered it and use the knowledge constantly in medicine. Don't think "aura", think "Electromagnetic Field".

• See Sandman's post immediately below yours.

...please don't think I am setting myself up as some expert on or defender of Auras, don't know much about them, myself.

Sandman- Yes! Thanks. Most interesting book of interest to anyone giving Home parties.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Tom:

I appreciate your response (I just noticed it). I think I understand now; if you put a screen in front of a person, the aura will be blocked from view along with the person.

So auras are a type of electro-magnetic field? And what about the colors; how do they relate to the magnetic fields?

I'm curious to learn more about this (without making up my own rules, as Tom suggested a skeptic might). I understand that Tom is not an aura expert, so if anyone else wants to chime in, please do so.

thanks,

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Aura Reading (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL