The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Aura Reading (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1034 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
It is very easy to see someone's Aura. You can almost reach out and touch the colors if you follow these easy steps. First you have to relax. Take some deep breaths. Take a nap. Smoke something if you need to. But most importantly go for a swim. Try to find a large pool to swim in so that you can experience the full effect of relaxation. Make sure the pull is heavily shocked with chlorine, you don't want to risk being in contact with some of the things that can grow in a dirty pool. After the swim, again to reach full relaxation, have a drink. A good shot of Bacardi 151 should do the trick. Now you are ready. First, get a very bright light and position it behind the person you are going to "read," and have it pointed in your direction. Second, drop an black felt cloth behind the light, so you can see the colors against it. Finally sit down in front of that person, close your eyes for around ten seconds, and then enjoy the show.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Satanic Playing Cards Live on Kickstarter Now...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/satanicplayingcards/the-satanic-playing-cards
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2946 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I was pretty sure you needed a WHITE background, Stuart. Anyway, avoid all the "sins" mentioned above and get my $5 eBook. You won't actually see the aura, but you'll look like an expert with just a little acting ability.

Also, consider this ... with our eyes we can perceive a very narrow range of vibration frequencies of ElectroMagnetic (EM) vibration corresponding to wavelengths from 0.3 to 0.7 micrometers - from purple to red. A mix of the vibration frequencies in the above range we perceive with our eyes as color. We can measure this mix precisely by recording a spectrum of light, but only using special instruments, called spectrophotometers. Colors perceived by our eyes are only our partial perception of a MUCH more complex reality : complex vibration of light and other vibrations as well. To explain the above statement, we would need to define the spectrum and explain how we perceive color with our eyes.

Our eyes contain only 3 types of photosensitive cells: Red, Green and Blue. These are vibration sensors. They operate using the principle of a resonance and they are “tuned” for 3 frequencies: red green and blue.
Sensation of color is created in our brain by averaging and recognizing millions of different combinations of Red, Green and Blue. It is well known, that many totally different spectra (vibrations of light) will produce exactly the same color sensation in our eyes. For example, a sensation of green color can be achieved in many ways, for instance, by mixing 2 frequencies: blue and yellow or by providing a single frequency green light.

Our eyes cannot distinguish any color difference between the above cases, even though the corresponding spectra (vibration of light) are totally different. They say we can train our eyes and brain to perceive much more, by aiming to develop the "auric sight".
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Apparently the EM field exists on levels higher than we can now measure...and, apparently, blends into other fields...the body's construction has energy centers, roughly corresponding to the hormone centers/glands. These respond to the emotions, desires, goals, hatreds, greeds, spirituality of the individual.there are percievable colors to all these, and as our emotions change, the EM colors of the centers change. Thus, a reader can see differences in the colors of the auras in people. The whole aura is seldom a single color, but will have areas of different colors.

Since this is all subjectively percieved,and while actually physical, there are no hard and fast rules to any of it. Too subjective. There wont be any hard and fast rules until we can invent the machines that can read these colors.

Once a machine exists like this, and becomes infallibly correct in seeing the proper colors as they exist, a true Lie Dectector can be invented. One that cannnot be fooled. Once THAT happens, all our funaemental criminal laws can be changed, and justice can be swift, instant, and totally accurate.

Our legal system is set up under the absolute premise that we CANNOT tell when the folks are lying. Our court system is all a series of checks and balances working toward a fairness in deternmining who is telling the truth, and who is lying. Once you can see the changes in an aura when questions are asked,you can immediately determine truth or lies. Lawyers in criminal cases will be unnecessary.

Once machines are built that can read these energy colors, new diagnostics in physical & emotional health will mean that we can determine future illnesses, current problems, etc. Molesters cannot hide, thieves will be apparent, criminals will be wearing their colors.

The book mentioned above, Mark Smith's book,gives you a very simple way to begin seeing them.

•Dark background. Gaze at the space between the fingers. A diffence in something exists between them, in a stream. Something is streaming from fingertip to fingertip. It won't be a color, but is something that is usually too subtle to be seen, something that is usually overwhelmed/hidden by the colors of the usual world. Keepnig the fingers parallel to the floor, move one up a few inches and watch the stream still connect the fingertips. At a certain distance, the connection ceases. THAT particular aura is only about 2-4 inches from the body.

You apparently have several auras, interpenetrating each other, and each aura has different purposes, reasons. The first is almost like a duplicate of the physical body, only extends about an inch beyond the body. This aura is the densest. Next, one that comes several inches out, then one that come a foot or so out, and after that a very fine 'envelope' that 'shines' several feet out. These descriptions might be incorrect.

Auras have nothing to do with the psychic other than the psychics are the ones who can see them (or rather, ones who can see them are immediately dumped into the'Psychic' pile). They are a physical phenomen following laws of physics, that we cannot understand as of yet. Interesting to study, not interesting enough to found a religion on. Which, of course, people have done. A block from where I live, there is a church that plays crusty recordings of a German lady from the '20's during their services. They teach that the person can learn to see the atoms in the aura. They must be true, cause they sell a color postacard of Jesus with his eyes closed. When you say a little sentence, his eyes open. Yup, it works. Now, THERE's something a fraud could spook a victim with!

Alexandre- You last post is exactly why things get so squirrily the moment you get above the physical. All the rules are rendered incomplete, and suddenly there's colors that ain't on the chart all over the place. Not to mention the other physics' laws we think are so immutable. The minute we get above any of our perception's limitations, things get interesting. One reason Acid was so popular in the 60's was the breaking thru of our perceptions of reality. Whether that all was subjective or objective is still argued.

Nice thread. Get the book, see Auras for yourself. Amazon.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Sorry- I accidently deleted a sentence above in the instructions on seeing the energy field:

• Dark Background: Point your index fingers at each other, a few inches apart, parallel to the floor.
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
Tom,
Can you see auras yourself, or is this all theoretical?

And who's arguing about the effects of acid? As far as I know, the reason one sees reality differently when under the influence of LSD has been determined scientifically.
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Alexandre and Tom:

Thanks for the detailed responses! I didn't realize how scientific aura reading was. Here's a NASA Web page about the electromagnetic spectrum; that's what you guys are referring to, right?

Are auras visible radiation?

Quote:
Apparently the EM field exists on levels higher than we can now measure...

How do we know for sure that auras exist? Has it been ruled out that seeing auras could be an optical illusion, mild hallucination, or merely imagined by the viewer?

How do we know that auras are electromagnetic vibrations; is that an hypothesis? If they can't be measured, how do we know they're electromagnetic fields?

Quote:
Once you can see the changes in an aura when questions are asked,you can immediately determine truth or lies. Lawyers in criminal cases will be unnecessary.

What evidence is there that auras relate to truthfulness? And how does that work? In other words, when a person is lying, how does that lie manifest itself into a color change?

Quote:
Auras have nothing to do with the psychic other than the psychics are the ones who can see them (or rather, ones who can see them are immediately dumped into the'Psychic' pile).

Quote:
Get the book, see Auras for yourself.
Only psychics can see auras, or anyone who learns how?

Thanks!!

-Jim
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2946 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Many people think it's an optical illusion created by the process of seeing the aura. I suppose you could learn to do this.

I guess we don't know for sure if auras exist. It sounds plausible though, why not?

The biggest problem I have with it, is who decided what colors mean what? I guess there's been research on this, but like I mention in my eBook "Aura Readings" after tons of research I've concluded that there is no consensus on what color means what. It then boils down to "intuition" or "psychic ability".

Just a note that my eBook is an automatic system for those interested in doing Aura readings. In my system you don't need to see the aura, you just play along, it's quite fun. Unlike my Astragalomancy which is an actual and easy divination system using dice that you could include in your work as a mentalist/reader.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1034 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
There seems to be no actual concrete system for many of these studies. I was intrigued to find that even acupuncture is pretty much guess work. Nice idea though. (my computer has a purple aura)
Belief Manifests Reality.
Satanic Playing Cards Live on Kickstarter Now...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/satanicplayingcards/the-satanic-playing-cards
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2946 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Stuart, from what I've heard (I have not seen it) if you really want to get into it, Richard Webster has a more detailed version for Aura Readings. My super simple system came about after being asked if I read auras a couple of times while doing Numerology and Palmistry readings. I soon started to think, "why not?" and came up with this ridiculously simple way of doing it. It has worked for me and in the end everyone is happy.

Like I mentioned earlier, the problem with some of these systems is the fact that there is no consensus. The same happens with Palmistry, Numerology, even Tarot ... it's just the way it is, that's why I believe you should present these with confidence. Some people (few) have said "but doesn't that line mean this?" or "Doesn't that number mean ...?" I just respond saying that it very well could, but what I'm sensing for them is.... There's just no point in confrontation.

As I mention in my eBook: "keep in mind that you should behave as if you believe in what you’re doing, this is key! To keep the smart-ass, bubble-buster away, assume an attitude of modesty about this ability of yours and your form of divination. Make no outlandish claims and you should be fine.

In my system, my computer has an Orange Aura....
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Since it is all experiential, it is all, I suppose, subjective. I learned to see the basic stuff from the above mentioned 'See Auras' book, but do not see the standard stuff that they talk about; envelope of color, radiations, etc. I personally think that you could very well learn to see them, but seeing auras is a DIFFERENT seeing technique than seeing regularly. Above the physical, so it is very subtle...the normal life colors seen with the eyes are very loud and aggressive, and while you can see the subtleties agbove these colors, you have to learn how to see, and what to look for.

If you are out taking money and lying about seeing auras, you are no different than a scam artist, gypsy conman, or general run-of-the-mill 'psychic' slimeball. No better, no different. NO better, NO different. Learn to do it right, whatever your system of seeing/divining is. You must carry your ethics with you. Choose.

The most accurate information seems to be from tradition, an amalgum (?) of opinion from history.

Electromagnetic field/auras...think of the Northern Lights, shrunk to the size of the body physical. As above, so below, etc.
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
So we don't really know if auras are electromagnetic or not--that's just a guess, right? Or is there evidence that auras are electromagnetic? When spectrophotometers and electromagnetic fields were mentioned, I thought we were talking about a scientific phenomenon, but this sounds more spirtual or psychological or something that simply isn't known well.

Tom, how do we know that auras relate to truthfulness?

Thanks,

Jim
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
Quote:
On 2005-09-05 14:12, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
Electromagnetic field/auras...think of the Northern Lights, shrunk to the size of the body physical. As above, so below, etc.

That would make sense if everyone could see auras. Everyone can see the Northern Lights (which, as far as I know, are not magnetic fields per se, but charged particles from the magnetosphere which are shaped by earth's magnetic field) but not everyone can see an aura.

If this phenomena is simply the Northern Lights "shrunk to the size of the body physical" (an interesting proposition, as the Solar Wind plays a major part in the creation of the NL, but would probably be fatal to humans if directly exposed to it) how is it that everyone can see the NL but only those blessed with a gift or schooled in the practice can see auras? What makes the NL so different from auras, if that's the comparison you're making?
mugician51
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of mugician51
Check out Dale Hildebrandt's e-book titled "Risk and Reward" at magic-notes.com

He provides several methods that allow you and your audience to see and feel auras. The methods detailed are visual illusions/physical oddities that have nothing to do with "real auras" (if they exist at all). Nonetheless, using these methods, spectators can be convinced that there is indeed an aura, or some kind of energy surrounding them.
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Mugician51:

What's the purpose of convincing specs that auras or some kind of energy surrounds them? Is this for magic/mentalism acts, or readings, or something else?

-Jim
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2946 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Quote:
If you are out taking money and lying about seeing auras, you are no different than a scam artist, gypsy conman, or general run-of-the-mill 'psychic' slimeball. No better, no different. NO better, NO different. Learn to do it right, whatever your system of seeing/divining is. You must carry your ethics with you. Choose.

How would you know if I'm seeing your aura or not? If I met you and "read your aura" ... how could you prove I didn't see it? I can be a very convincing performer....

And my system is for entertainers who want to add another level of mystery to their act, either during a performance or casually after the show, and something I intended to be used for fun, not as a single way to make money.
montz
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of montz
Quote:

As Alexandre rightly pointed out - when his system is done as entertainment, the comments above won't apply... Out of interest, how many spectators actually believe you can see their aura? The answer... those that want to believe. And if they want to believe, who are we to argue, whether as entertainers or "gypsy conman".

Keep up the good work Alexandre... your work is provoking lots of thoughts, and thinking about magic can only be a good thing. All the best my friend,

Liam.
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
I have no problem if you're doing this as a performer, in the context of a stage or walkaround performance, and it's clearly defined as such. It's when people start throwing around things like this:

Quote:
Once you can see the changes in an aura when questions are asked,you can immediately determine truth or lies. Lawyers in criminal cases will be unnecessary.

That's when I start to have a problem.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Yeah, well..me too, actually. The above was an extropolation of the future, when an infallible lie test could be used....and something that sensitive would most probably use some now-unknown principles....and the 'aura' phenomenon would be just as likely a source as any other path. Today's miracles are tomorrows tedium.

I think I ethically disagree with some of the above. Even as entertainment, if you are stating that you ARE reading auras, and you are NOT, then that is unethical. You are lying. If you are lying and just throwing out characteristics, predictions, advice based on blather, you are unethical. You could do and say the same thing, but claim that 'all levels of your brain are trained to know all this' and be totally honest and ethical.

Which, I suppose goes back to an old argument that rattles around, does a disclaimer absolve the reader? probably.

sorry, but I did NOT mean to imply above that Alexandre is a slimeball,Alexandre isn't taking private readings as an Aura Reader and totally faking it, scamming more buck by repeats and references...that would be the same as what a slimeball fake psychic would do.

Mugician51: thanks for the reference. This is where the value in Aura stuff comes in, teaching others how to do whever it is that they are doing when auras are seen. Now this is honest. You aren't making false claims, you are teaching everyone how to do it (whatever IT is). THAT'S entertainment! (WHEN is this Café going to allow us to use italics???)

And like I said, I don't know anything about Auras, other than personal experience and other's references (Cayce, etc). Yet, this thing seems to keep on as a belief, thousands of years now. I do know that when you get to anything above the physical, you can't prove anything to anyone,..you can only prove things to yourself. Read the mentioned books, try it out...get Alexandre's book so you know what to say, then the others so you can see when to say it. It's experiential. Or just ruminate on it all, everything must have a logic to it or it doesn't exist, right?

I'm worn out on auras now.
mugician51
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of mugician51
Quote:
What's the purpose of convincing specs that auras or some kind of energy surrounds them? Is this for magic/mentalism acts, or readings, or something else?

This could be used for all the purposes you listed above.

If you are performing an aura reading (such as Alexandre's), these convincers will add an air of credibility to everything you say and do. If your subjects have had undeniably weird experiences with what you define as being their "aura", they are more likely to accept the readings you give them as somewhat legitimate. Also, these experiences are very memorarable, and your clients will remember you for sharing them.

Mentalists can use this for many purposes. Before you perform psychokinetic touches, give a reason to clean the spectator's aura by proving that it is impure, or not in the right condition to make contact with the deceased.

Both Mentalists and Magicians can even use these convincers for non-aura related purposes. Use them to make a spectator's hand tingle or heat up, for use as a convincer in such things as coin bends, jermay's twisted palm, and hildebrandt's "one hot coin", also detailed in the Risk and Reward e-book.

The possibilities are endless! You can use this sort of work to suggest that thoughts can be transferred, without speaking, through energy radiating from a person's body, if you wish. I even use one of these techniques as a "hypnotic" convincer in Kentonism during the "induction phase", and it also serves the purpose of actually relaxing the spectator in the process (also, the spectator can sometimes see the background of your business card moving more vividly... those of you who have Kenton's book and hildebrandt's e-book will know how powerful this can be, and what a long way a little bit like this can go).

But most importantly, as Tom has already pointed out, you provide your audience with a real piece of magic, and it is up to them to interpret what it all means. Furthermore people will be able to replicate these experiences on their own, and even teach their friends how to as well.

Even though this is not really a trick, this is the sort of thing that your audiences will most remember you for, and (if you perform this as a straight demonstration, as detailed in the e-book) even if they come to the conclusion that the things they witnessed were merely optical illusions and that the things they felt were caused solely by their imagination, they will still find it interesting and want to talk about it with their friends and family.

I hope that you see the possibilities here and will use these ideas wisely, as you can turn this simple "aura demonstration" into a real reputation maker, even if you don't make it the main focus and instead use it as an addition to strengthen another routine.

I also hope this answered your question! Smile
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2946 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Quote:
On 2005-09-05 21:17, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
I think I ethically disagree with some of the above. Even as entertainment, if you are stating that you ARE reading auras, and you are NOT, then that is unethical. You are lying.

... Read the mentioned books, try it out...get Alexandre's book so you know what to say, then the others so you can see when to say it.

It's sort of the same thing when you say you are making a "prediction" when you know d amn well you're not. You also leave people scratching their heads wondering if you really did predict it. You are also lying. I do this with a simple I.D. and some people believe I have some kind of strange power. I don't have the time to tell everyone all the time, or set aside every individual who has believed in my "powers" to tell them it's just a silly trick.

As far as reading my eBook ... it's only 5 bucks ... and fun too!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Aura Reading (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.44 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL