The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » 3d rabbits (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
peter teagle
View Profile
Regular user
Redditch, UK
195 Posts

Profile of peter teagle
A little bunny in a little top hat, awwwwwww, how cute, I want it!

peter
"technique is science.
the application of technique is art."

peter teagle
tonyj
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of tonyj
Jerry

http://www.dickbarrymagic.com (US) sell them under New Magic, page 3. Now all I need to find is a UK stockist.

PS searching for 'mini rabbit' on Google gives some interesting results - click with care!

Regards

Tony
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24218 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
There used to be a group of prominent magicians who called themselves, "The Sponge Bunny Society." Karrell Fox, Jay Marshall, George Boston and Bev Bergeron were among the members. They did not actually do the sponge bunnies.

What they had in common was this. They had all been, at some time or another, at a coffee shop or restaurant talking about magic, when the waitress came over and said, "Are you guys magicians? Hey, I know a trick." And she performed the sponge bunnies for them.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Check your local Party Favor store (Our statewide chain is called Party City) for the miniature plastic tophats. You'll occassionally find them in the party favor aisle withthe yo-yos, squirt guns, tops and such. If you find them, buy all you can afford because the disappear fast and are stocked randomly. Hmmm....I wonder if Oriental Trading stocks them? <Reaching for Google>

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24051 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Pro: What everyone said is correct.

Cons: I wish they came in multiple colors like Goshman sponge balls. I dye mine red with food coloring. The ears can come off easily. Be careful placing them in and taking them out of your pockets.
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of jezza
This is a great effect as it has everything it is entertaining ,it can be funny, it has a story ,and ending ,can be adapted to adults and children.
Ive done this effect so many times I have a nielson set and the Ammar ones
M. Perk
View Profile
Loyal user
Hilton Head Island
292 Posts

Profile of M. Perk
Duane Laflin has a great routine called "The Hare Raising Experience." Very funny patter for a large group.
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
The sponge bunnies is always a hit. The restaurant pays for the bunnies as giveaways. It's the most requested effect I do in restaurants. I use a purse frame to show the bunny "eggs", produce the sponge balls, do the Kozak master routine with a little Frank Garcia sprinkled in, produce the bunnies as a final load, screams, howls of laughter and of course, I want one...
Bill
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
The sponge bunnies are terrible, kids hate them.

Just kidding. Kids line up to have me make bunnies appear in their hands. Just be prepared to give some away. I once had a little girl pull off the ears, just to do it.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Fast Eddie P.
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
322 Posts

Profile of Fast Eddie P.
M. Perk - Any idea where to find the Laflin routine?
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
What are some of the best sources for sponge bunnies? I do a sponge ball routine with standard sized balls a a multi mini ball kicker at the end.

Thanks,

Michael
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2636 Posts

Profile of John Long
I think I paid $15 for the 3-D Rabbits, and that is rather expensive to give out after each performance! Are the critters available for less money some place?

John
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Quote:
On 2005-12-30 20:48, Fast Eddie P. wrote:
M. Perk - Any idea where to finf the Laflin routine?

either in his DVD Sponge Ball MAgic or another auido CD with music by Arthur Stead called Bunny Love (also sold by Duane Laflin. There are no DVD instructions but music tracks and a printed routine (assuming you already do sponge bunnies/balls the moves are basic)
You used to be able to buy it from the Laflin Magic website (www.laflinmagic.com) but apparently from Jan 1st this year, the business has been handed over to Duane's daughter.
The best bet would be to go to the above-mentioned link and see!
Its a great routine and plays very effectively to all ages.

Just a note that Duane also sells the bunnies for hair Raising Experience (but they seem like Goshman red ones to me)> The 3D bunnies are a different trick that come with a Mike Ammar routine and are used for another Laflin routine (in the above DVD)
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24051 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Mike Wong have them also. http://www.mikewong.com His are called Wong's Wabbits. His are hand sculpted.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Wong's are super cute, but at $30 a set... whew!
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
BAN
View Profile
New user
NJ
26 Posts

Profile of BAN
Where do you guys get your rabbits? I cant seem to find good looking ones except for the neilson multiplying rabbits and those are expensive
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24051 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Ban:$15.00 for a High Quality item that if used properly will pay Dividends is expensive??? I don't think so! I alway's wondered why Mr. Nielsen was selling them at that LOW price.They are dynamite!(Of course you would never want to give these away).

Rich
stormchaser
View Profile
Regular user
Calgary, AB
200 Posts

Profile of stormchaser
They're totally worth buying. Mine didn't come with very good instructions, but I figured out a good way of doing it. It's great because the magic happens IN THE SPECTATOR'S HAND. Some people actually jump when they open their hands. The weird thing was, when the guy at the magic shop did it for me, I actually felt the baby bunnies pop up a little. Probably just my imagination, but what a strong trick!
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

A magician is an actor playing the part of a magician.

Don't run when no-one's chasing you.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
The best hand-sculpted 3-D bunnies I have seen are the ones that Steve Dacri sells on his site. They are expensive, compared to other 3-D sponge bunnies, but worth it.

5 babies:

5 Momma bunnies and a grandpa:

this is a "grandpa" (about 5 inches):

order them here:
http://www.magicwebchannel.com/Mall_SD_bunniesAndBev.htm
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » 3d rabbits (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL