The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ring Flourish ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
I am looking for more on ring flourishes regardless of size of the ring. Any good book or video that teaches these moves ?

Thanks
the_houdini_jester
View Profile
Loyal user
Charlottesville, Virginia
264 Posts

Profile of the_houdini_jester
I now that Jeff McBrides Magic on Stage the Cammando Act(the first one) has some really nice flourishes using ring of any size. It also has a very nice routine in it that you can use for both stage and on the street surrounded by people.

Alex
All the Magic things I don't have are like the foods I've never had. One day I'll have some but I will never have all.
tophat
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of tophat
I could be wrong here, but doesn't he place the key ring over his head in the routine? Wouldn’t this make hard to use surrounded? I haven't actually performed his routine, so wouldn't know. Actually, that's one of the (very few) problems I see with the commando act. It isn't actually do-able anywhere. Though there is footage of him performing the routine surrounded, some of the effects have angles, although you could certain modify it. Also, it isn’t quite a “set the case down and go into it” type routine. There is a setup, at least the way he presents it. Of course I could be completely wrong and missing something really obvious, too.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Try the book 'Rings In Your Fingers' by Dariel Fitzkee for some additional flourishes. Most magicians see these as old boring features that only slow down a routine.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Jeffs flourishes are excellent -Recommend you to learn a few!!

I have adopted quite a few throws & florishes in my own Ring Routine-definetly makes it look more Professional & polished!

I put Rings over my head during the routine-at no time is the key ring in this position until all the Rings (4) are there at the end briefly as a finish pose etc-Can be done surrounded if nec.

Jeff McBride doesn't put the key ring over his head from memory as hes too busy adding rings etc until he is using 6
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Jeff does actually put the key ring over his head at one point. However, in his early acts, he used to wear the kabuki mask which had long red hair attached to it, which draped over his back and shoulders, hiding the key ring.

Anyways, in answer to the ring flourish question, just play around. I've come up with quite a few ring flourishes. One of my favorites involves flipping rings over my head. However, it fits my style and the context of the routine that I do. you'd have to see it in order to understand why I use it. But in short, lock yourself in a room and play with the rings, and see what you can come up with.
the_houdini_jester
View Profile
Loyal user
Charlottesville, Virginia
264 Posts

Profile of the_houdini_jester
Zombieboy, he could still use the hiding of the key ring now because he does have long hair.

Alex
All the Magic things I don't have are like the foods I've never had. One day I'll have some but I will never have all.
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
Thanks for the comments.

I had all the series from Jeff...Any other reccomendation.

Thanks
SenseiStrange
View Profile
Veteran user
The Dead God's Dreams
345 Posts

Profile of SenseiStrange
In Motion with Michael Moshen

I think it is the finest manipulation of rings out there. He has stunning isolation moves that make it look like the ring is floating in his hands. His work with the rings is worlds above any other ring work I have seen. He simply uses a single ring and moves with it.

Sensei Strange
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ring Flourish ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL