The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusions for Extreme Conditions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Whta illusions might you recommend for performing under extreme conditions (close up and/or surrounded, etc.)? ... Wellington sawing in half, Kanundrum Cube, Broom Suspension, Losander Table, Voodoo Box, Blaney 3001 .. Might these fit? What else am I not thinking of?

Thanks,
Dan.
jwebyra
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
140 Posts

Profile of jwebyra
Zig-Zag Illusion is one.

Ron
jwebyra
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
140 Posts

Profile of jwebyra
Zig-Zag Illusion is one.

Ron
magicmanrob
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of magicmanrob
So is the Konundrum kube, it can be done surrounded, close up, indoors, outdoors on a platform, stage , with a backdrop, or without one its what I call a perfect illusion
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Chalet Subtrunk.
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
Chalet Mini-Kub-Zag
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Temple of Benares, Ligth bulb cabinent, sub trunk, Jam Box or Planiquin, zig zag, Modern art.

Realize that though the angles for performance may be ok, you are going to have to be turning the prop a lot to show it 360 degrees. I worked a gymnastics show in college in the middle of a gym floor. It was no problem with the angles on the temple but it clearly was best played to three sides.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Neon, from Jim Steinmeyer's _Device and Illusion_. He designed the illusion to be performed surrounded in the center of a circus ring.
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Konundrum Cube must be one of the illsuions that can be done surrounded the closest by the audience.
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
Yes, one Konundrum Kube client say he performed it THREE feet from the front row!! I'm happy to say all of the buyers have had great praise for the item as well as the reaction to the effect.
90% of the prop is aluminum w/laminate for color. The Tube, legs, and piano hinges are all powder coated NOT paint. It features my "no-bolt" assembly process, and will troup well. One owner just reported here his KK rolled off the stage because he forgot to set the locking casters, and it fell four feet to the ground with very little damage. He performed it 20 minutes later.
I'm currently offering free shipping to the lower 48 states.

Jack
Jeff Hayden
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Jeff Hayden
It depends on how close you are going to be.

Crystal Casket can be done surrounded - I have one avialable for sale at http://www.jeffyancey.com/casket.htm

The Losander floating table you mentioned can be done surrounded however,
there is a bit of dirty work that needs to be done just before the table
starts to float and unless you angle your body correctly, it may not be
very good for surrounded although you certainly could do so.

A prediction is good surrounded. I'm liquidating a magic show right now
and you could pick up a cassette prediction cheap. Here's the thread:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......79&0

-Jeff
Did you see that?
magicmanrob
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of magicmanrob
As far as the Konundrum Kube goes Jack of Dream-Illusions is right , we have done it as close as 3 feet. Its what I call the perfect illusion! Any one in the midwest Kansas City area who are going to the Magicque in Horton Ks. will get a good view of it there as we will be perfoming it there this Labor Day . Jack did such a killer job in designing it even at 3 feet away they will swear there is no way the assistant can still be in it. In fact we had to change our stage show lighting after the first show we did with it to having full stage light as we didn't want people to think the assistant snuck out of it. So now we do it in full lighting and any out door venue is perfect to run it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusions for Extreme Conditions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL