The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychics on the Café (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Great debate people. I have realy enjoyed the thread and thought I would join.

John, you and I share very similar points of view here. It is almost supernatural to read your printing of my thoughts.

My mind is also not closed to psychics being real. I just find it difficult to believe that they exist or that their claims are legitimate.

For instance, if a psychic can claim for personal gain (publicity, reward, or whatever) that they can or have helped the police solve a crime by using their pyschic abilities, then should we consider punishing that psychic according to the law when a crime is committed in their area and they did not a)prevent it, or b)give the name of the guilty party or find the missing person etc... Otherwise, one might (I emphasize might) say that by not helping out that the psychic is aiding and abetting.

For the sake of argument, if they have the power, should they not be using it for the good of all?

I enjoy a good mentalist performance. I think "psychics" can be wonderful entertainers. I believe we all have intuition. I don't believe in God, Santa or other divine beings, but I enjoy their history. I believe in differences of opinions and can respect that. I do not wish bad or evil things to happen to others. I wish everyone could get along. But mostly, I hope I have not offended others by my beliefs.

Just wanted to chime in.

All the best,

Rob
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
Quote:
On 2005-09-01 20:45, RJE wrote:
John, you and I share very similar points of view here. It is almost supernatural to read your printing of my thoughts.

What evidence do you have that it's supernatural?

KIDDING!

;)
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
If it happens, it's natural - we just don't understand HOW it's natural.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
North Starr Entertainment, Harrisburg PA
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
"She blinded me with science" I dunno I just felt I had to lead with that line. As I stated earlier on a post, most of are not scientists nor are we familiar with the scientific method by which any hypothesis is established, theorized, tested and then a conclusion is reached (or not reached) And I say this because we do not establish this to prove or disprove pshychic ability, we do a variation of Houdini's, if I can reproduce it it must be fake. Not very scientific, BUT by the same token most scientists setting to disprove psychic effects don't apply magicians skills as possibilities of faked events, or to seek for those wires, flaps or fake blind folds.
My point? A few attempts have been made to blend these techniques to divine truth. I love Sci Fi networks Ghost Hunters BUT their team needs a magician to expose trickery. Any serious study in this field should include both science and magic. Too keep each other honest.

So, psychics? Without em we'd have no function as magic is based on this. Even hippity hop rabbits is bizarre, so love em or hate em, thank those magical folks and learn how to make your magic as real as you can!!
Smile
"For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet may be. But which it that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell"
~Galadriel

"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
I agree that "if I can reproduce it it must be fake" doesn't hold water. That's not the scientific method. I can fake playing the violin masterfully, but obviously that doesn't mean that concert violinists are faking it.

Quote:
So, psychics? Without em we'd have no function as magic is based on this.

I would say without the *idea* of psychics and real magic, magicians and mentalists might not have an audience.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychics on the Café (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL