The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Cirque Du Soleil: Corteo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Well I saw the show. It was awesome. It's a little different than previous cirque shows as this one has more of a story to it. It takes place in an old European style circus. One person is on his death bed and as he is dying, his life passes before his eyes.

The costuming was great. The colours were very victorian. A lot more pastel type shades intead of bold colours.

The seating was in the round with the audience almost completely surrounding the stage.

The acts were great. The turned beds into trampolines and made every person's dream come true of really getting height from jumping on the bed (if bed's weren't made for bouncing on, then why do they have springs?--ah nostalgic childhood memories).

Another childhood wish was the swinging on chandeliers. Really quite mesmerizing.

There was a great moment with a little person strapped to some huge helium filled balloons and was bouncing on the hands of the audience. Simplistic yes--magical yes.

They also had the two little people put on a mellow drama with hilarious outcomes. Romeo and Juliet was never so entertaining.

They had a great part with glass harmonicas and the ringleader whistling. Totally captivating.

There was a dance routine that was really weird. As they were dancing they were getting pelted with rubber chickens.

The jugglers were weaving some really complex patterns that I have never seen before. At one point too, one juggler was walking on the other jugglers' heads as he was juggling.

The hand trapeze act was done well with a cool twist of being done in mirror images. Hard to explain, has to be seen.

The finale was some great work on gymnastic parrallel bars. If only Olypmians could do this stuff when they did competitions.

My favourite act was this guy balancing on a ladder. He was twisting and going throught the ladder. He was on his hands with his feet in the air at the top of one ladder at one point. He was truly captivating as he dance with the ladder getting into all sorts of positions while still balancing.

The only dissapointing act was the strap act (aerial act with two straps hanging down from the rafters). It was the only act not to push ahead with skill or artistry. It could've been a little more interesting.

Well that's a brief review of the acts and such. A truly great show, not to be missed.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20493 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Please don't let my wife Lucy see this. She would leave me in a heartbeat to join the Cirque.

She loves it.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
I have been a Cirque fan for quite awhile and have been collecting all the Cirque DVD's and audio CD's that I can find. This last week I got to see "Fire Within" which is a 3 DVD set of "behind the scenes" look at how they put together "Varekai". Very interesting how they put these shows together and seeing them evolve.

Thanks for your review of Corteo. I look forward to seeing it.
Bridgewater
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
184 Posts

Profile of Bridgewater
Where is this playing?
"Don't run with those..."
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Go to http://www.cirquedusoleil.com and look at the tour schedules.

more specifically http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSo......ault.htm
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20493 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
On another forum, we were dealing with the future of stage performances in magic venues. I think the handwriting is on the wall for more physical acts of this sort.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Cirque Du Soleil: Corteo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL