The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Invisible Deck? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
I know this is essentially a Card Trick/Effect. However, does anyone use this as part of a mentalism act or demonstration of mind reading?.Could it be presented as such using the standard presentation that is...go throught the routine of opening an Invisible Deck , get spec to look at deck and choose a card, reverse it and put back in deck which is placed back in Invisible box. Performer then asks spec what their card was and then brings out the deck tells them that before he came he predicted the choice.

Howard
MaGiCoH
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
167 Posts

Profile of MaGiCoH
I tell the spectator that I would try to "send" a thought of card to him. The deck of cards is in spectator's hand. Then, he says what card did he "receive". So I go throught the invisible deck and show the card that I was mentaly sending to him.

I recommend to use the invisible deck and a peek wallet together. It is a very strong combination!
     ´ H `

"Seeking the purest mentalism"

http://www.omentalista.com
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
So much you can do with this and yes I use it all the time. Presentation is indeed key.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
"I tell the spectator that I would try to "send" a thought of card to him. The deck of cards is in spectator's hand. Then, he says what card did he "receive". So I go throught the invisible deck and show the card that I was mentaly sending to him. "

That is excellent. I use something similiar to above also (thanks Kennedy). I do it with a group sending out group thoughts. I also put the deck behind my back first to simulate the reversal. I feel that is stronger.

With a group at a table, you can look into all the eyes and then tell one to name the card outloud you are thinking of.........
Hexagon
View Profile
Regular user
London
198 Posts

Profile of Hexagon
There is a really nice presentation using the invisible deck in Waters' M,M &M, it really is quite good, I cant recall the name though...
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Wow keep them coming.

My version is to pass the ID around at the table. Each person holds the deck and then passes to the next person and so forth. You tell them when to stop. They are of course thinking of the "card." When you tell the chosen spectator to stop, they announce their card and you reveal the impossible. You are personalizing the effect by letting them touch the deck. Something about you receiving impulses etc. If this isn't strong, the audience is dead.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Quote:
On 2005-08-30 07:13, Hexagon wrote:
There is a really nice presentation using the invisible deck in Waters' M,M &M, it really is quite good, I cant recall the name though...

It's called Automanticard. You also need a matching straight deck.

There's an unusual presentation in Daemons, Darklings and Doppelgangers by Tony Shiels, combining the ID with Arthur Monroe's "Voodoo".

I have an ID but have never used it. I prefer Original Kolossal Killer, which is always on me in my wallet.

Barry
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
I use mine with a crystal ball. People love it.

Anabelle
MaGiCoH
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
167 Posts

Profile of MaGiCoH
Quote:
On 2005-08-30 08:42, Anabelle wrote:

Anabelle

Do you ask the person to look at the crystal ball and try to imagine a card ?
     ´ H `

"Seeking the purest mentalism"

http://www.omentalista.com
aaguilar007
View Profile
Regular user
México
106 Posts

Profile of aaguilar007
My dear friends:
I have tried to find an Invisible Deck with tarot cards of the Minor Arcana (I don’t know if one is already available and marketed, so made my own).

I open that effect with a brief explanation that we all have a card assigned to us before we were born. Most people go trough their lives without knowing which card was assigned to them, but some people find about their card and take the fullest advantage of what it represents (strengths, weaknesses, et-cetera).

How could you find out which card was assigned to you? That’s the easy part. Just feel it in your gut. Before coming here tonight, I took a deck of cards and reversed one. The same one I felt would belong to someone I had to meet tonight. Could it belong to you? Let’s find out.

Which card do you think was assigned to you before you were born? Don’t think about it. Just name one.

Of course, when the spectator names their card, I open the pack of cards, show her the reversed card which coincides with her card, and finish the effect giving her a brief explanation about her card and doing little favorable C**d R****ng for her.

Just by 2 cents.

Best wishes,

Alfredo
“If you can make another person’s reality into something wonderful, you can do real magic”.

Richard Osterlind
Making Real Magic
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
I use it all the time, with a "Where do thoughts come from? I kow, I'll put one in *your* mind..." type of theme. And since cards are so popular...hee hee

Lee
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Quote:
On 2005-08-30 08:42, Anabelle wrote:

Anabelle

Do you use it with psychic readings, or as a mentalism performance?

-Jim
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1039 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
Yes Its a staple piece of my close up act. Just look at automanticard in mynd myth and magick.
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
"It's called Automanticard. You also need a matching straight deck. "

This reminds me, Richard Osterlind has one combining ID with his BCS. Ive tried it and its very strong.
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
Quote:
On 2005-08-30 20:57, Candini wrote:
"It's called Automanticard. You also need a matching straight deck. "

This reminds me, Richard Osterlind has one combining ID with his BCS. Ive tried it and its very strong.

This is one of my favorite routines. I perform an effect in which the spec handles a normal deck and then I proceed into this. I have the spec hand me the same normal deck.

....If you are familiar with the effect, you may realize that I reveal the card with what appears to be the same normal deck they just handed me.

BTW, there is an effect on the Boris Pocus DVD called "Echo" which is practically the same. (Minus the BCS)
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
I keep it in my back pocket as an out. It is good to have one around just in case. I have some wonderful routines otherwise. The Invisible Deck was origionally called the Ultra Mental Deck. It originated more along these lines of being a prediction. One great routine is to also use a marked deck and have them make a random selection. I.E. spread out the cards and have someone toss somehthing on one. You then reveal that you predicted a card with the other deck(the ID), and Then they turn over the selection.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
Juan D
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Juan D
The ID used to be my opener for a long time.
At first, I used the original routine and patter with the opening of an invisible pack and all the handling with the suffling and even the dropped cards.

Later, I changed the presentation and used it under a Magician Vs Mindreader premise, which was quicker and worked better for me (It even fooled my magician friends because they all used the ID with the original routine).

Then I changed my opener and no longer use it.
But I carry one, just in case.

Juan D
magicuncle
View Profile
Regular user
Elgin, IL
126 Posts

Profile of magicuncle
I always use mine as a prediction. The presentation changes depending on the availability of props. Throw a regular deck into anything that can mix them up, have someone reach in and pick one, use the pool table to have a ball select a card from a deck scattered about and it works great when used it as a phone trick when someone at a bar calls a friend, I ask them to have the caller name a card and everytime the prediction matches! amazing! ID is a great all purpose tool.
-Brian
mouliu
View Profile
Regular user
Hongkong/Taiwan
169 Posts

Profile of mouliu
Quote:
On 2005-08-30 20:57, Candini wrote:

I do BCS and ID and very interested in Osterlind's handling. Would you please kindly tell me in which DVD/book I can find this? A brief description of his presentation?
A novice't reflection: I like watching my audience's jaws drop, but sadly in reality I'm just too busy to enjoy it. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Invisible Deck? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL