The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Sparkle Matches & Flash Paper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Sorry if this seems of-topic at first, but I am using these two things together in a card trick, in OZ Deposit, to be exact. It's By John Bannon and can be found in his book Smoke and Mirrors.

He says that usually one can remote-ignite the flash paper with the sparks that are emitted from the match. I tried it a couple of times with sparks falling directly on the FP but it never worked. Did anyone encounter this problem? Do you think it's the type of FP I am using? I know, you can just drop the match to light the FP, but when I first read John' description I thought this would look cool. Any help? Thanks in advance.
Yours,

Ivan
Lord of Illusion
View Profile
Veteran user
Has his enemies stuck on
310 Posts

Profile of Lord of Illusion
Is your FP really fresh? FP will burn slower as it gets older. Never tried to ignite it with just a paerk though (unless you count a load in a funkin ring)
Edward Wolfgang Poe,

The Necromancer of the South
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
That maybe a factor. Thanks.
Yours,

Ivan
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
I read that really really fresh flash paper will ignite upon heat alone, no naked flame or spark needed. I don't know the truth in that but there it is.
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Sparkle Matches & Flash Paper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL