The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » In search for Close-Up Mental Act DVD by Jon Tremaine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
bvballi
View Profile
New user
Dortmund, Germany
25 Posts

Profile of bvballi
Hi,
does anybody know an online magic shop that sells this DVD?

Olad
T. Eugene
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of T. Eugene
MaGiCoH
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
167 Posts

Profile of MaGiCoH
Could anybody write a review of this dvd by Jon Tremaine ?
     ´ H `

"Seeking the purest mentalism"

http://www.omentalista.com
Natural Mystic
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
502 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
MaGiCoH
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
167 Posts

Profile of MaGiCoH
Thank you all.
     ´ H `

"Seeking the purest mentalism"

http://www.omentalista.com
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1477 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
I just read some of the comments in the other thread about Jon Tremaine in the above link. In the mental performance I think he's very relaxed and natural with fits his style. He has an easy-going type of personality and he's not very flashy. I think the background noise is somewhat of a distraction. I have the tape not the dvd.

The effects on here on are some of the classics. I really like the Clock effect, OOTW and the stuff done with a NW. His billet work is first class too.

You'll probably find something on this dvd you will like.

All the best,

Rick K
Self concept is destiny..
T. Eugene
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of T. Eugene
Bad sound of video and my bad knowledge of the English – and I could not understand the name of a liquid in routine number 9 «Too Hot To Handle».

Can somebody send me PM and tell that a liquid is used in this routine.
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Profile of Thomas Rudolfo
I agree with you Mindphantom. I also found him very realxed an a real gentleman. The routiens I liked very much are his ESP routine, ID and Pen, Impossible card and his handling of a Mental Epic Routine.

Some really nice touches and tips on the DVD.

Eugene, the liquid he was referring to is 'Hypno heat'. There are many variations on the market. Some as liquid and some as powder.

Greetings
Thomas
Think positive and you'll see, how beautiful your life can be!

www.der-mentalist.net
T. Eugene
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of T. Eugene
Thank you Thomas.
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
Quote:
On 2005-08-29 21:45, MaGiCoH wrote:
Could anybody write a review of this dvd by Jon Tremaine ?

It's been a couple of years since I viewed the video (on VHS tape) but I do remember that Mr. Tremaine comes across as a very personable and entertaining gentleman. The performance, it would appear, was filmed in a private home.
Mr. Tremaine does speak with a noticeable, although not debilitating, stammer but his fine skills at performing completely overcome this and do not at all detract from the entertainment value of his performance. I'll take a good, entertaining mentalist with a stammer who holds my attention any day over one with no such limitation who is boring.
I recall one memorable statement from Mr. Tremaine in regards to the effects he performed on the video in particular (I paraphrase):

"These effects have taken me all around the world as
I've performed them on every continent."
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
lane99
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of lane99
Could somebody describe in more detail the effect of "The Invisible Book"? The synopsis is:

"The Invisible Book: A book test with no book! The spectator merely imagines a word on the page of an imaginary book, yet the performer correctly reveals it!"

If I'm intrigued by how the trick plays out, I will get this DVD just for this.
Andrew Richmond
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham - UK
252 Posts

Profile of Andrew Richmond
The word is written down..

A.R.
"Take a card any card!"
"Why?"
"So I can find it."
"Why?"
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
782 Posts

Profile of mdspark
A stammer or any other distinquishing characteristic can add character. Think of Kreskin and Dunninger fiddling with their glasses, etc...
rrubin98
View Profile
Veteran user
Cogito, ergo sum scripsit
301 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
Just a caveat: Jon uses Hypno Heat on this video, but I don't recommend that you try it unless there's now a safe version of it available. HH contains mercury, which can be absorbed through the skin.

Richard
lane99
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of lane99
A.R., I take it you mean the word is written down by the participant, and this happens before the mentalist reveals what the word turns out to be.

So, thank you. That tells me what I wanted to know.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2006-01-14 17:54, rrubin98 wrote:
Just a caveat: Jon uses Hypno Heat on this video, but I don't recommend that you try it unless there's now a safe version of it available. HH contains mercury, which can be absorbed through the skin.
Richard

A Café search on Hypno Heat willgive the name of a save substitute that is readily available in USA
Cheers
TJ
:)
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
I enjoyed these videos too.
Frank
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
608 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
I have had the Jon Tremaine dvd for a few years now & I have to say I found this facinating... even with the stammer Mr Tremaine comes across as a very confident & Professional mentalist. I personnaly think he is Top notch...A thread from the Café not to long ago mentioned that It was he & Not Tony Corrinda that wrote "13 steps!! Not sure about that one...But Hey does anyone know whether or not Mr Tremaine is alive & well?
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
Yes He is alive and I believe lives is East sussex
CALENIG
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of CALENIG
Hi there anybody know if this has come onto dvd or are the plans for it to be put on dvd?

I have the original Trik a Tape video but sadly its has seen better days. Jon is great performer and has some classics on this video.
Thank you Lee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » In search for Close-Up Mental Act DVD by Jon Tremaine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL