The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Re: Memorized Deck (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
Dang Scott! That's a post for the record books. Thanks for taking the time to share that with us!!

:bigdance:

Did anyone ever tell you that you look like Copperfield? Who's the dude with the beard?
Yakworld.
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
Mike Close's handling of the Invisible Deck uses Simon's stack, as well as the Birthday Book, which will blow anyone away...these are starters for those of us who get discouraged thinking that Simon's stack is mostly good for poker deals and such.
MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
Scott's list is quite incredible!

However, I would like to point out that the Magic Square created with Orville Meyer's "Amazing Magic Square & Master Memory Demonstration" will add up to the chosen total in up to 86 different ways - not 24!

Have a look at http://freespace.virgin.net/mark.farrar1/msq4x4cm.htm for further details.
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
When I write those entries, I basically go by what is said in the work itself. My copy of Orville Meyer's book actually says 22, with the 2 crossed out and 4 repeatedly added in its place.

Having said that, I believe Mark is correct, and there are 86 ways. I have found that you often don't have to show more than 5-6 ways that a square adds up to a number to be impressive.
felix
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of felix
There is a great Memorized Deck effect by Jörg Alexander Weber. I got it from his book Zauber Kunst Stücke, which every German speeking magician should get. You will learn a lot about costruction, routining and presentation there. And for those, who don´t speak German,I think it is also in his FFFF notes.

Yours Felix
Denis Behr
View Profile
Special user
Germany
703 Posts

Profile of Denis Behr
I think you can get Jörg's English notes from Richard Hatch if you are interested. (www.magicbookshop.com)
(For those interested in the effect: it is a very convincing triple challange location in which you do not look at the cards and which includes a thought-of card.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Re: Memorized Deck (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL