The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Riffle shuffle techniques (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Billy the Kid
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Billy the Kid
I am finding it hard to find good material on riffle shufflesby ed marlo or karl Fulves or any others anybody might be worth checking out. any leads would be appreciated. thanks billy
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Currently the Marlo Riffle Shuffle Trilogy books are hard to come by. Maybe re-released by Racherbaumer at some time. Fulves stuff is pretty hard to find also but I see it around here and there for sale.

You may be able to find things by Ortiz easier, but as popular as he is, it'sgetting harder to get his stuff also.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
My favorite is by Guy Hollingworth, published in Drawing Room Deceptions. It can be done in the hands or at the table. Very direct and natural, not very difficult.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Hi Billy

The Expert at Card Table -Erdnase-

The Zarrow Shuffle DVD -Herbe Zarrow-

Glen Bishop see his site.

Ortiz on Card Cheating DVD - Ortiz -
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Hi Billy the Kid,

In my view, there are two unique resources for riffle shuffle work. The first is Marlo's Riffle Trilogy mentioned by Jimmy 'Cards' above. Two of the volumes are available to premium members here,

http://www.jonracherbaumer.com/index.asp?page=home

The third volume will follow very soon. The second resource is Karl Fulves 'Setting Up Exercises' and 'Blocking Off' Volumes. H and R Magic carry these from time to time and can be accessed here: http://www.magicbookshop.com/ . They are currently waiting for new stock to come in which apparently takes a looog time. But they are definitely worth the wait. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paul H
Billy the Kid
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Billy the Kid
Thanks to everyone who replied to my request on riffle shuffles. I will try to check on some of this.thanks again, billy
Curmudgeon
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
245 Posts

Profile of Curmudgeon
The books that Paul H referred to can also be bought by writing directly to Karl Fulves and sending along a SASE so he can send you a catalog back. His address is below
Karl Fulves
P.O. Box 433
Teaneck, NJ 07666
USA

Those two books are great resources.
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1022 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
All of Jim Swain's books have good riffle shuffle technique's. He has a very good write-up of Alex Elmsley's 'Just Lucky' stack in 21st Century Card Magic. Check out Earnest Earick and Jack Carpenter's stuff too.
popcalinda
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of popcalinda
Anyone can tell me more about

Riffle shuffle control …1979….23
Riffle shuffle methods …1987….49

and where to get copies?

Also, what are the names of James Swain books with riffle techniques?
jldemsky
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of jldemsky
Since I was a kid I listen rumors that Racherbaumer is writing the "definitive" book on Riffle Shuffle work , sounds good , just a little bit slow because I'm now 63 and still hear rumors about the book , lets wait.

LJ
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Jldemsky, Smile I feel your pain. Some of these slights are going to take years, if not decades to master(the pass). I have come to magic after loving the illusions all of my life. BUT, I just don't have the time left on this planet to master all of these great slights. So I pick and choose. I use what it is I can do for friends and neighbors. Also an occasional "lets see what you can do". I really enjoy this art.

From one old f*rt to another.

edh
Magic is a vanishing art.
Eoin OHare
View Profile
New user
Ireland
88 Posts

Profile of Eoin OHare
Quote:
On 2008-08-12 20:10, jldemsky wrote:
Since I was a kid I listen rumors that Racherbaumer is writing the "definitive" book on Riffle Shuffle work , sounds good , just a little bit slow because I'm now 63 and still hear rumors about the book , lets wait.

LJ

I asked Racherbaumer, thru Genii forums, about this book a year ago, the working title is "Riffle Shuffle Mastery" and it's now going to be an ebook.
So, I guess when it arrives, at least the delivery should be quick.
Designer & Maker of The Stripper Jig Card Trimmer & Pinpoint Pegger
https://theperfectshuffle.com/
Mike Melito
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Mike Melito
Anyone know this one? I saw Chris Kenner doing it at the Jubilee this last weekned. Standing up, cards in one hand, riffles 1/2 the deck into the other hand, riffles the cards together then essentially a false bridge. Completely false shuffle in the hands that looks so legit.

I've love to see more of it to practice. It looked GOOD
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2008-08-13 10:56, Mike Melito wrote:
Anyone know this one? I saw Chris Kenner doing it at the Jubilee this last weekned. Standing up, cards in one hand, riffles 1/2 the deck into the other hand, riffles the cards together then essentially a false bridge.

Sounds like a Heinstein shuffle, or some varation of it.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
It's better than the Heinstein Shuffle.

Chris showed it to me also and it looked fabulous in his hands.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
It's a unpublished shuffle of Derek Delgaudio's more than likely.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Sounds pretty keen.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Thanks, Jason....Didn't know if it was up to me to tip the name or not.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Mike Melito
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Mike Melito
Thanks guys - Chris told me Derek's name but I didn't remember it.
Dean Noakes
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK.
93 Posts

Profile of Dean Noakes
The only Fulves literature that seems easy to come by are his self-working card / coin / mathematical magic books.

It's worth doing a search for 'karl Fulves' on Ebay every so often: sometimes rarities like his riffle shuffle manuscripts appear on there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Riffle shuffle techniques (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL