The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Riffle shuffle techniques (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Racherbaumer's "Marlo on Erdnase" contains a nice section (about 20 pages) on the riffle shuffle, culled from Marlo's work. It's one of the books Houdini Magic included in the pre-order package with the Ackerman Erdnase DVDs, but it's also listed on Houdini Magic's web site as being available for purchase separately.
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1246 Posts

Profile of splice
Fulves' material is somewhat hard to come by, but worth it when you finally track it down. Keep an eye on the "for sale" sections on here and Genii, and search on ebay for "Fulves" every couple of days. It might take some time but they're definitely findable. They also tend to go for lower prices than the Marlo manuscripts, although I did see RST part 3 go for over $200 on ebay recently, which I believe is a bit much... I got the other ones for around $40-$60 each over the last year or so.

There's also some interesting riffle shuffle work in the Crimp #15 (Major D'alby's Brag Stack) and variations on it in by R. Paul Wilson in Magic Magazine (can't recall which # exactly, it was the Karrell Fox memorial issue).
popcalinda
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of popcalinda
I know that Fulves Riffle books are hard to get. I have almost all his books on Riffle. Only one is missing and it is Riffle Shuffle Methods.
I would like to by copy but do not know where to search for it.
moualb
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of moualb
There is a relative unknown little book called 'New Card Control Systems' by Joseph K. Schmidt. I think it was edited by Kaufman. Book dedicated to hands stacking with riffle shuffle.
moualb
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of moualb
Beside Darwin Ortiz there are 2 gentlemen that have some nice shuffling work in print Jack Carpenter and Ernest Earick (By Forces Unseen)
I don't remember the book by Carpenter
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Jack Carpenter's book is Modus Operandi, one of my favorites.
MueCard
View Profile
Inner circle
2833 Posts

Profile of MueCard
Quote:
On 2009-06-09 20:44, moualb wrote:
There is a relative unknown little book called 'New Card Control Systems' by Joseph K. Schmidt. I think it was edited by Kaufman. Book dedicated to hands stacking with riffle shuffle.

It is right, it was published by Kaufman/Greenberg 1995,103 pages, 1000 copies.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Riffle shuffle techniques (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL