The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sub Trunk Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
Hey guys;

Wondering what you all think about the routining of the Sub Trunk. Do you prefer your gal bein outside first or vis versa? Do you find this impacts a better reaction either way? Thanks.

Matt
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
The Pendragons start with her on the outside first as do a lot of others. I think it depends on what you feel is best for your show and your character. I personally think whoever the quickest one is should be on top, it is something that you need to try both ways to see what is best for your show.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
I think you should try it both ways and see what works best for you. Personally, I don´t have a preference.
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
For effect and if you think about it mentally it would look better if you the magician is in the box first, it creates the notion that you magicailly switched and got out and placed her in there, think about it. In my shows I am in the box and then I am the one outside after the change.
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
As far as I remember I never saw a sub trunk with wheels.
If you bring someone on stage to check it you don't need to turn it around.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I like the idea of having the girl in the box first. I find that it's easier for her to get out of the box than into it. That way, I shoulder a little more of the work and responsibility.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
When we did the trunk, she went in I stood on top. However, you should try it both ways. See what works best for you.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
I always put the girl in the box first because I don't get to use the same assistant all the time and I think it's easier to get out of the box than to get into it. Plus, I get on top of the box and say "watch now as we present Metamorphosis." None of my assistants have ever been interested in speaking!

Michael
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
Guys! Thanks for the great ideas! I will work on it both ways and see which feels best to us. Thanks again.

Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sub Trunk Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL