The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Annemann's Complete One Man Mental and Psychic Routine – 2005 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Millard123
View Profile
Regular user
Millard Longman
170 Posts

Profile of Millard123
Annemann's Complete One Man Mental and Psychic Routine – 2005

Copyright 2005 by Stuart Cumberland & BRP Inc.

E-book in PDF format, 72 pages

Many of you may already own (as I do) the original Annemann’s Complete One Man Mental and Psychic Routine written by Annemann in 1935, but never performed the act. Stuart’s update may convince you to actually perform it!

The contents of Annemann’s original book:

Introduction
Requisites
Billet Switching
Magic vs Mindreading
The Telephone Drama
The Dead Name Test
The New Nile Divination
Book Mentalism
Telepathy Plus

ADDENDA:

Author's Note
The Master Mind
The Act
Author's Note Again
The Mirror Reflector
A Living and Dead Combination
The Sealed Envelope Dodge
The Spirit Pencil
Advance Information
Pencil Reading

Stuart reprints Annemann’s text exactly as originally written and places it in bold faced text. Stuart’s words are in regular text so it is very easy to tell who is writing what. Stuart places his thoughts immediately following each of Annemann’s routines. This format lets us read the original and then read the updates for each piece of the act.

Stuart updates the materials used in each effect and sometimes updates the method used in order to make the act flow more smoothly and quickly while simultaneously making the act easier for the performer. In some cases Stuart gives more than one method to achieve the effect to cover a variety of performing circumstances.

Stuart updates only the main act not the items in the addenda, but he does reprint the items in the addenda so that we have the complete original text.

Stuart presents this act in about 30 minutes and that is a dynamite half hour, but Stuart takes us even further down the path to excellence by also including his own QA routine which extends the act by another 15 minutes (or more) giving us a real kick-ass act for any venue!

Stuart’s book is copiously illustrated by full color photos detailing the billet folding and switching that is required for the act. Annemann’s original drawings are not included in Stuart’s book, but they were of limited use in any case.

Stuart gives full credit to Annemann for the brilliance of the act and downplays his own contribution, but I beg to differ with Stuart here – I feel that Stuart’s contribution is extremely valuable!

For as long as I owned Annemann’s original text I wanted to update the act for my own use, but I just never got around to it; Stuart did the work for us all!

I am more than happy with my copy of Stuart’s book and I wholeheartedly recommend that all mentalists looking for an easy to perform act in any venue also buy this book.

This book is available from Stuart Cumberland at:

http://www.mental-list.com/frontrowseat.htm

Millard Longman
Millard Longman

See all my products at:
www.mevproshop.com
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
I bought this book on impulse last week..

And I am glad I did.

The modernisation and the ideas suggested made the book well worth it.

The subsitution of a Centre Tear instead of Slates for example makes the whole routine work a bit faster, and it carries a bit more impact than the use of Slates.

I've got the original act, like Millard I've toyed with the idea of updating some of the effects.

If nothing else Stuart has given me a gentle kick in the trousers insofar as direction is concerned.

Between his work, and Osterlinds' use of Annemanns effects in his DVD set, this is providing me with a better idea of how to block and update some rather powerful effects.

A shame Stuart is closing up shop...
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Matt Andrews
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
219 Posts

Profile of Matt Andrews
The same happened to me (maybe Stuart influenced my impulse Smile )

Anyway, I don't regret it.

This e-book should belong to the e-bookshelf of any mentalist (amateur or not) who wants to perform a routine and not just effects. With Stuart's contribution, you will understand the value of presentation of each effect as well as the pace and rhythm of a complete routine.

Sincerely, Matt
Inner circle
Chicago
1147 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
So much better than working something out for yourself.
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
690 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
As I am already a proud possesor of The Life and Times of Annemann Compiled by Max Abrams, which has 'Annemann's Complete One Man Mental and Psychic Routine'. Is it still worth getting this updated version? It's not the $45.00, it's just, does the up dated version make it worth it?

Franklin
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2005-08-31 20:34, cheesewrestler wrote:
So much better than working something out for yourself.

Not really...Sometimes it takes someone else to do "The Obvious" to get the creative mind in gear. Osterlind did it rather well with Annemann, as did Strivings.

We can't all be thinking "outside the box" all the time. Sometimes even creative people need a nudge in the right direction.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2005-09-01 07:31, The Paranormalist wrote:
As I am already a proud possesor of The Life and Times of Annemann Compiled by Max Abrams, which has 'Annemann's Complete One Man Mental and Psychic Routine'. Is it still worth getting this updated version? It's not the $45.00, it's just, does the up dated version make it worth it?

Franklin

Is it worth it? The only major benefit that I can see about this book is that Stuart has given me an idea or three on how to update "dated" so-called material. His replacement of a CT in lieu of a slate for example is something that I've not given any consideration before, given that many current performers still use slates, Osterlind being at the head of the class on that one.

I've been given a 21st century kick up the backside to re-examine mid 20th century effects in a new way.

I think that for that bit of an eyeopener alone then the purchase was worth it.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
mr-ticsym
View Profile
New user
Exeter UK
13 Posts

Profile of mr-ticsym
This work by Stuart is a masterpiece. EVERY Mentalist should get this e-book right away.

In years to come this work will be recognised as a modern classic. Yes it is Annemann's who created the routines, but Sturat has updated the effects for modern performers and shared his great experience which he has gained from 22 years of performing this routine.

Buy it here: http://www.mental-list.com/frontrowseat.htm

Mr Ticsym.
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
With proper respect to Stuart I'd be careful about such suprlitives given the the bulk of the material is pre-existing, i.e., is Annemanns.

Stuarts book is worth the $$, as I said earlier, if only for the CT usage in leiu of a slate; along with the gentle kick in the backside on modernising pre-existing material. He's saved me some more $$, as I have several books on mentalism effects that look, on the surface "dated" insofar as presentation and technique is concerned.

But calling this e-book a potential classic is a tad OTT (Over The Top) imo.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Mark Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Batavia, NY
236 Posts

Profile of Mark Ross
I have tried with no success to find an e-mail address for Stuart Cumberland, so I am posting here, in hope that someone can get this information to him.

On eBay, a seller named "alexander" is selling copies of Stuart's new e-book for $35.00 "Buy It Now". He started out with 2 copies. The latest auction is for 4 copies. The item number is 6560271138.

I suspect that these are unauthorized, unless Stuart has a different user name on eBay. I am sure that he would not be selling for less than he is selling to the "mentalism community".

Can someone get this information to Stuart?

Mark Ross
Blackwood
View Profile
Special user
Mind-Play
528 Posts

Profile of Blackwood
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
The eBay seller "alexander." is Stuart Cumberland (aka Blair Robertson) himself. Clicking on the "ME" icon on the auction will reveal "Blair Robertson Productions Inc."

MS
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2030 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Does anyone know if Annemann's works are in the public domain? If not, is there an estate that controls them?

- Jim
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of J ack Galloway
Public domain.

All most all of it I think.

Jim
James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of James Houston
I help run a small publishing company... I'd be interested in finding out which of his work is public domain - and compiling one huge "The Life Work Of Theodore Anneman" book.
Anyone know how to find out what I could use?
-James
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
Quote:
On 2005-09-11 08:19, James Houston wrote:
I'd be interested in finding out which of his work is public domain - and compiling one huge "The Life Work Of Theodore Anneman" book.

Max Abrams beat you to it. Entitled "Annemann; The Life and Times of a Legend", published in 1992.

MS
James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of James Houston
Aah well, only 13 years too late.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Since it's out of print, perhaps it's time for a new edition or a new version?

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
pasharabbit
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of pasharabbit
Quote:
On 2005-09-10 22:05, jimtron wrote:
Does anyone know if Annemann's works are in the public domain? If not, is there an estate that controls them?

- Jim

Given that the author died in the 1930's all his works are public domain. You can buy the act for a couple of bucks at http://www.lybrary.com. The links work and you get your material with a working link within minutes, unlike some other operations I know. while your at it check out Buckley's Mentalism Jems, first rate but again like Anneman's work you have to update the methods. The central tear idea is excellent and glad I was refunded the cost of the ebook by cumberland. Never read the Cumberland ebook for reasons cited.
pasharabbit
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of pasharabbit
Quote:

On eBay, a seller named "alexander" is selling copies of Stuart's new e-book for $35.00 "Buy It Now". He started out with 2 copies. The latest auction is for 4 copies. The item number is 6560271138.

I suspect that these are unauthorized, unless Stuart has a different user name on eBay. I am sure that he would not be selling for less than he is selling to the "mentalism community".

Can someone get this information to Stuart?

Mark Ross

Given the Alexander is Blair Robertson Productions (aka Stewart Cumberland) I hardly think he is pirating his own downloads. A gentle rebuke is in order check out the buyer's history before assuming the seller on ebay is a pirate. His rating is 100 percent which is darn good for a seller with his number of transactions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Annemann's Complete One Man Mental and Psychic Routine – 2005 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL