The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What does your room look like? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Hi, I was just renovating my room lately and trying to make it look more magical. Do you guys have any tips on stuff that I could do to my room to make it look really magical. And do any of you have pictures that you would like to share with what you did to your cribs? I would give pictures but we got our camera stolen. Anyway, thanks in advance. -Cory.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Wait! You can actually WALK into it? AND you actually have room to RENOVATE?!? Hmmmm....What am I doing wrong here??? Let's see, if I move this bookshelf over there and that filing cabinet over here, then I can park the forklift there...Arrrrgggghhhh!

:o) Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
coleman
View Profile
New user
lahn-dahn, yoo-kay
34 Posts

Profile of coleman
how's this...? Smile

easiest route I can think of are a few screen printed throws pinned to the ceiling and walls with your preferred image type (e.g. playing cards, zodiac signs, something else mystical) and of course, you can't go without the standard uv tube (black light).

cole. x
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2005-09-02 09:40, Skip Way wrote:
Wait! You can actually WALK into it? AND you actually have room to RENOVATE?!? Hmmmm....What am I doing wrong here??? Let's see, if I move this bookshelf over there and that filing cabinet over here, then I can park the forklift there...Arrrrgggghhhh!

:o) Skip

Yeah, no kidding...
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Crate full of stuff there.
Box lid on crate full of experimental stuff.
T.V. tray full of experimental stuff.
T.V. tray w/ closeup mat in front of full size mirror.
Dresser 1 stacked w/ videos, a TV, vid player, cigar box full of mentalism stuff.
Dresser 2 w/ old cassette case holding coins and cards, case w/ a dozen plastic drawers ho;ding small items and a Jumbo Deck on top.
Stacks of books on the floor.

There's more under a bed and elsewhere but there's nothing magical about it. HA!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I bought a copy of "100 Years of Magic Posters" on clearance at Tannen's YEARS ago! I took out my favorites and mounted them on foam board. They are placed on the walls of the room. Also a few pictures of myself from younger days when I actually performed! (One of my best performances was "The Clam Chowder Festival" in Newport, RI!) I also have some science fiction pictures and things on the other walls just to give the room some variety!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Hey coleman, I took you advice and put up some drapes on a corner of my room. keep posting everybody, have some nice ideas here!
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Our bedroom? A mess...but we're working on it (and still unpacking from the last move).

Interesting items on the dusty bureau include, MPC Iron Maiden and Torture Chair built-ups, a resin kit diorama of Julie Newmar as the Catwoman, and a mounted life mask of Bela Lugosi from "Return of the Vampire" (Columbia,1943).

Propped in the corner are a dragon sword, basket-hilt claymoor sword and a hybrid beheading axe with a 10" edge (based on a German pattern).

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
My best rooms are the server room the lab and the workshop. The server room makes me smile a lot when I look at it, the sound of the aircon and the hum of countless fans is pure music, the dance of thousands of LEDs is shear beauty.

The lab is ultra clean with dust free and sterile zones and is my main passion, each time I look at it I have too pinch myself several times and remind myself it is mine.

The workshop is pure beast, this is where I keep my big power tools and have much fun using them.

As for living space, it is not required. If I'm not in the lab or workshop or working on the servers then I am at a party or asleep.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
You really, really do not want to know. Trust me.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Autumn
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Autumn
Rope light...miles and miles of it mounted beneath cabinets, hidden behind crown moulding, under the eaves of the house.

Lots of velvet draped like theater swag.

A Dracula and female "victim" (grin grin) fountain in the bedroom...yep, the water is red...tacky, yes, but kind of neat.

Perhaps display your props according to theme? I have most of my witches grouped together...my pumpkins and jack o' lanterns are all in the kitchen and dining area...not "magical", I guess, but it makes me happy.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
How big are all your guys rooms? Mine is pretty small and I don't see how you guys could fit all that stuff in unless your rooms are real big. And if anyone has pictures, send them in, I'm interested in see your Gus's cribs! Keep posting!
Autumn
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Autumn
There are 11 rooms in my house plus 3 bathrooms...some of the rooms are actually stalls...anyway, 3000 heated square feet...a cobblestone walkway down the middle of the barn half of the house and a treehouse/clubhouse kind of loft over the living room...and it is for sell...Smile

Autumn
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
One word for mine. mess.
Lucasw
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
194 Posts

Profile of Lucasw
I was lucky enough to get the biggest room in my house. But that means a lot of my stuff is keep in my room.

Lucas
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Candles and incense add nicely to any room. I have a Ouija board lying about which people love to play with. Adds to the fun.
dreid007
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of dreid007
It depends on how much you own start by hanging pictures and let it grow from there
dreid
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What does your room look like? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL