The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help buying (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

the amazing brian
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of the amazing brian
Can anyone please tell mea book or dvd with some great mentilism effects

thanks
Dr. Zordas
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zordas
...I've just transmitted my thoughts to you now. Some great stuff here. (no, don't bother looking at your 'in box'...) Smile

Dr. Zordas
Dr. Zordas
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zordas
...I'm sensing that my thoughts didn't get through. Maybe because there's no 'on-line' icon visible. Smile

Nevertheless, 'Theater of The Mind' is the direction you need to follow...
Good luck!

Dr. Zordas
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Mind Mysteries 1 by Mr. Osterlin
Psy Series byBanacheck

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
A decent selection I would personally recommend to you would be:

Mental Miracles - Bob Cassidy. Available commercially. This was the first DVD that I bought and the routines he does are fairly easy to do, the trick being to adapt the effect to your performance style. His Name/Place Routine (Done with a CT rather than a BS works better IMO.)and Chronologue are two of the better effects.

I would also recommend either DVD set that Richard Osterland produced. For entry level into the craft I'd possible recommend his Modern Mental Miracles set in which he does several Annemann effects as well as some others.Again the materials at hand to perform the effects are easily accessible.

As far as books, Maven, Cassidy, Earle are three people I would put as a foundation to the craft.

Hope this helps.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Books: Mind, Myth, and Magick by T.A. Waters; Paramiracles by Ted Lesley; 13 Steps to Mentalism by Corinda; Practical Mental Effects by Annemann.

DVDs: Maven, Osterlind, Banachek.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Don't forget to get Karl Fulves' 'Self Workng Mentalism' book...it's the cheapest of almost all the Mentlism books (under $10), easy to plow thru, and you might pick up a few effects that become your favorites.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help buying (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL