The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Check Out The Skeleton Man! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
832 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
You street guys know this performer?

Check it out! Love it when he checks his tips...

http://scottrope.typepad.com/scott_rope/......_Man.wmv
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
That guy is awesome!
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
A friend of mine sent me this.
That guy is great.
I have shown it to a couple of people. I assume this guy is somewhere in Europe.
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
That could be great for ventriloquists too.
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
Very clever--something that could have been goofy is, when done so well, terrific entertainment. Great!

Flimnar
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
The popular guesses are either Barcelona or New Orleans.
Steve V
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
That is the Ramblas, Barcelona. That guy is certainly a lot better than when I first saw him, which was about 8 years ago.
bropaul
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
220 Posts

Profile of bropaul
Great bit! The last guy I saw with a puppet was in Colorado and he would have a lady lay on the ground and then dand on her belly. At the end he would have to grab the puppet off of her because it would start humping her leg.

Very funny... I miss that guy.
Bro. Paul West

www.BrotherPaulMagic.com
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1725 Posts

Profile of wally
I would love to add the dancing skeleton to my family shows. where can I buy this. help please.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You probably have to carve your own. BTW the guy is doing a great job with it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
This looks so cool,I might make this a Winter project.There is site on Google that teaches this.(How to carve{mold}one).It is a huge amount of work.I do have some experience working with plastics etc.So I may give it a whirl. All the best. Rich
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
To be honest, that's his. I wouldn't touch it. Even though he's in Barcelona and it's doubtful anyone is going to realize you're stealing someone else's material, it should be enough that YOU know!

If I were to be inspired by this, I would get a different marronette figure and find a different song.

I I were to choose to "steal" something from the routine, it would be the crying at the hat! That's just too perfect. (My daughter said if she saw the puppet doing that, she'd have dropped in some change just for that!
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
Love the tipping "The Hat" section. Honestly, the best marionette puppeting I have ever seen done. And my hometown has a professional puppet theater.
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11157 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2005-09-15 20:14, PaleoMagi wrote:
This looks so cool,I might make this a Winter project.There is site on Google that teaches this.(How to carve{mold}one).It is a huge amount of work.I do have some experience working with plastics etc.So I may give it a whirl. All the best. Rich

If you don't mind, can you PM me the Googled site you are refering to? I build marionettes, and would like to look at what you found.

I am partially done with a disjointed skeleton (his head, arms and legs come off and rejoin the torso during the act). My skeleton's skull it molded paper mache... I began by sculpting the skull from clay, and cast a negative in plaster. Then the actual marionette head was made by layering glue-soaked paper strips into this mold. The body, torso and limbs are made from Crayola Model Magic Compound formed around wire armatures.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Wow. I love it. I showed that to so many people and the reactions are amazing. I would love to see something like that live. I see too much magic...that was just FUN!!!!
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2040 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Can any one post a link of it in a diffrent format. I am struggerling to veiw it?
Mario
ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
Check out Dunningers Complete Encyclopedia of Magic, I found one at the library, very old and its like a scetch book of magic. In the Puppets Section (189 in hardcover) it has plans for a dancing skeleton Smile
Tarbell!
jasonmiller
View Profile
New user
Greenville, SC
52 Posts

Profile of jasonmiller
Wow... That was some of the best puppeting I've seen. Thanks for sharing that.
Jason Miller
-Balloon Twister
-Magic Man
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
You can find some of the old Pelham 'disjointed Skeletons' around...sometimes on eBay. I used one on the street in the mid 60's and they are great litle puppets.
Do a Google for Pelham Puppets. Head rises off body and arms and legs come off body as well.

That vid though was really choice performing. With that little act you wouldn't need more than that litle bone head to make your take. Thanks for the link!

Michael...let's collaborate! I'll sculpt you some heads and hands and stuff. Smile

The Pelham is kinda small...here's a nice one:
http://www.dragonwings.net/SkeletonMarionette.htm

D
Higley's Doug's Museum
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
That is some outstanding puppetry!

Now that Doug is talking about making something, all I can think of is a singin', dancin' Chupacabra doing tejano, or, for a cheap shot, "Tequila:"

http://www.jokaroo.com/ecards/funny/tequilasong.html

Yours,

Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Check Out The Skeleton Man! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL