The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What music do you use for your Illusions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
I just got a new software program that is going to take my music to the next level. It's called Reason 3 and it's made by These Guys. Basically, it allows you to create music on your PC and the result is nothing short of professional. All of the "tools" in this program are exactly what you would see in a high end professional recording studio and top of the line sequencing of multiple sounds.

Their website says "Making music should be as easy as powering up a computer, loading up a powerful piece of music software, and getting down to business. And it is. Reason 3.0 is a virtual studio rack with all the tools and instruments you need to turn your ideas into music. And it's more than just a set of excellent synthesizers and effects. It's a complete music system. Step into the age of Reason".

There is a Flash demo on their main page and the soundtrack was made using this software. The quality is incredible. 6 channel mix-downs for those DVD recordings!

I have not installed it yet but it certainly looks like this may be a step above Acid Loops that I have been using. Acid Loops was certainly a great tool for creating my backing tracks for my shows but the only drawback is you must have loops to play with. Reason 3 is certainly going to give me an edge for my next generation of sound for my shows.
seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
Just out of interest what is the name of the track from cirque du soleil that greg frewin uses?

Muzicman, reason looks awesome! I think I may struggle with it though. I have got a knowledge of music but to try & lay down every instrument and build a piece like in the demo would be a bit challenging!

I'd love to hear some of the stuff that you create when you get going with this!

Once again my hat goes of to all the musicians out there that have got this natural talent to be able to produce music that sounds just awesome.

Sean
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
I used to have a program for the computer that allowed you to create your own music by mixing beats, digitized instruments, etc. At the time, it was a novelty but now I'm kicking myself for not keeping it, as the type of music you could create with it would be perfect for magic... especially since you can control the beat to match your act and make the music exactly the length you need it for a particular illusion.
Dream-Concepts
View Profile
New user
UK
95 Posts

Profile of Dream-Concepts
...that piece of cirque music is called "Eclipse" from the Nouvelle Experiance show.
Our annual sale of Costumes & props is now on - view them at www.IllusionExchange.com
cardcaptor
View Profile
Loyal user
tagaytay, philippines
257 Posts

Profile of cardcaptor
I'm also using enigma soundtraks and dellerium's, I find their song mystical and right for some illusions that I perform. I also use some of the songs of the Gregorian and sometimes if I have time I personally make my own soundtrack by using keyboard efects and combination of some sounds...

thanks!
ILLUMINATI: Brotherhood knowing to be unusually enlightened with regard to the art of magic.

in memory of... SWIFTSHIFTER

"The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural"
BondJames628
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama
110 Posts

Profile of BondJames628
I use a lot of tracks from the Matrix and Rob Dougan. Also MANY from various Disney Theme Park shows and attractions. I've just discovered a free music service, their tracks are quite excellent(please excuse me if this has already been metioned):

http://www.freeplaymusic.com/
Beyond Impossible: www.freewebs.com/illoosionzmagic

"I close my eyes in order to see"
~Paul Gauguin
Dream-Concepts
View Profile
New user
UK
95 Posts

Profile of Dream-Concepts
Their tracks wouldn't be "free" to 99.9% of the users of this board - the music would still require licensing fees etc to be paid.
Our annual sale of Costumes & props is now on - view them at www.IllusionExchange.com
johnnymagic
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of johnnymagic
I use the sound track from Killer Instinct alot. It was a video game I bought that came with a music Cd. It's a variety of techno based music. I also like to throw in a classic rock song sometimes but my favoriite is to perform cellini's lord of the rings to the Titanic theme playing the rings as Jack and Rose. There is a video on my web site...www.johnnymagicmemphis.com
Out of all the magicians I know, you're one of 'em...

www.johnnymagicmemphis.com
Pasq
View Profile
Elite user
Lance Rench-Hausen.
417 Posts

Profile of Pasq
I would feel utterly ashamed if I didn't use the sound of Bernard Cribbins's voice narrating The Wombles, backwards & slowed down. Every effect. Every one. Pasq.
Sparrow in a barrow.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What music do you use for your Illusions? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL