The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Walkin' Thru A Telephone Pole (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Hahahahar!

I haven't done this for awhile however, earlier tonite I performed "Walkin' Thru A Telephone Pole" for my neighbors who like to sit outside and spread gossip, smoke cigerettes and drink coffee.

I started out the routine with a Rope Thru Neck (Tenkai version), I then did "Hang 'Em High" by Bob Sheets using 2 ungimmicked ropes.

I then performed "Walkin' Thru A Pole"...well it blew them away!!!!

So, does anybody else here at the Café' use the Seance gimmick this way and if so what are your experiences with doing this type of illusion?

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17615 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Johnny
I'm working on a Jake thru Elwood effect with Jake ending up with Elwoods briefcase handcuffed to himself.
Rehearsals start next week.
It's the 25th aniversary of the Blues Brothers!
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Slim King, I do not understand your last post...that fancy hat you wear may be distracting me, but since it isn't there anymore I just don't know...then again it could be the fact I haven't taken my med's today!?

Anyway's I be ah knowin' this is an old idea, however, I'm quite pleased with myself owning to the fact dat I thunk this up years and years ago on my own and like the Balducci I kept it under wraps fer awhile, to myself so tah speak.

Later of course, when I finally got a computer and the internet, did I find out that Andrew Mayne and others were using it in a likewise fashion...of course I patted myself on the back and said to myself, "Self... well done you got the experience & knowledge now that shows you are a creative thinker in magic....just like everybody else!" Har!!!

What I realy like is, if performed and routined the right way, this simple piece of magic can realy kick asstahkoshah!!!

I recently built myslef an illusion I got from Andrew Mayne...sorry Andrew, but I traded some magic to a friend in return for your wonderfull effect and I can't wait to perform it for next summer's show's!

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Walkin' Thru A Telephone Pole (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL