The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Justin Miller's Coin Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Hello,
Does anyone have a review of the E-book "Locked In A Room Without Cards" by Justin Miller?
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Perhaps I've seen one somewhere(?) but the E-Book is really good. Not to mention that Justin (Jussy) is quite a spectacular coin man, very creative and absolutely magical. Do yourself a favor and check out his work, you'll be awfully glad you did...Some nice little gems in it. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Check out the demo on his site. Lot of good stuff and clever thinking. Buy the book.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Could someone post his web address?
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Hey guys,
Thank you for all the kind words. I strive really hard to make my magic look, well..like real magic! brian and others here is an updated link for you guys I re-did Silver Dream... http://www.closeupartist.com/closeupstore.htm
check out the first two videos.
Justin.
Oh, and by the way. To any of you going to the BIG 75th annual MAGI-FEST this year, I am please to announce I was just signed on as a special lecturer. Two lectures one on fri at 1pm and one on sat. at 1pm. Hope to see some old friends and new faces.
Justin Miller
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Sounds like I'm making a purchase....thanks to all for the advice!

-Brian
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Dr.Fate
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Dr.Fate
Hello Justin, I really enjoyed the new handling for Silver Dreams. It was one of the main reasons I purchased the e-book which I really enjoyed. Just a quick question, will those of us who have already made the original purchase have access to an update on the alternate handling?
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
Hey Justin Looking forward to seeing you at Magi-Fest. Ryan Swigert told me he ran into you at last years get together. Take it easy.
JTW
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
On the site, the video for the three coin vanish sequence looked great. Bravo!
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
I liked it so much I bought the company....err well okay just the book!

Great stuff...thanks for the tip off and for the excellent magic
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Just gotta say here, Justin's "Silver Dream' is just a remarkable piece of work. It's so neat and clean that to me few coin routines can measure up to it in it's simplicity, presentation and impact. It completely looks like real magic. And it's not just some cheap trick or effect, it is well-thought out with some real interesting moves to make it happen so beautifully. He nailed this one man. The entire E-Book is great, but Silver Dream is something masterful, one of the very best standup/walk around coin presentations I've seen. There's a lot of good stuff out there to be sure but this one is truly special.

I always noticed the words of Dai Vernon on the Roth dvds exclaiming his greatness - Nice words. I often wonder what Vernon would think to see the creatively impactful magic of a Mickey Silver, a Gary Kurtz and even a Justin Miller. I wonder? Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Excellento... Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2005-09-05 22:03, mystre71 wrote:
http://www.closeupartist.com/knockoutcoinmagiclocked.htm

Joe

When I click on the link, the QuickTime Player does not work. Does it suppose to show a demo? Also, can someone please review this ebook?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Evole,
That link no longer remains. Check this out.

http://www.closeupartist.com/closeupstore.htm
check out the first two videos.

Justin Miller.

MB,
I am humbled by your words and adoration. thank you so very much. I spent a lot of time with Silver Dream. There were so many re-writes of this one effect it began to seriously annoy me. I wanted each vanish to look as fair and visual as possible with no "funny moves" and no tell-tell signs of manipulation. In short IF you were really able to do REAL MAGIC I believe this is what it would like. After all as a student of dai vernon I have learned that SIMPLICITY and FULL IMPACT is the key to EVERY GREAT EFFECT.

Justin
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
Hey Justin, I just watched the video and was wondering how much Gary Kurtz influenced the first two vanishes? Part of his "Full Frontal Assault" is similiar although at the same time markedly different. Thanks for posting such a beautiful sequnce.
Cheers,
JTW
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

JTW,
I am not familiar with that specific routine of Gary's, Gary however along with a number of other great coin men influence my coin magic a great deal, I still however believe and hope that I have and continue to hone my own style.
Justin.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Silver Dream is the best coin effect I have seen in a very long time. My only concern is this possible for everyone to perform and is this real world magic or television/video magic.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Wow looks like he really got ya mwhegbli! From what I see, it looks like it would not be problematic to perform anywhere as long as you had the appropriate attire.

Its short, sweet, and to the point, nice little vanish sequence there Justin!
Click to visit:
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Wm, it's real world magic and with practice (like anything else) you can learn it and do it pretty well. I agree, it is a beautiful effect, one of the best I've seen. Jussy is brilliant with it, but other people can be with it too - he designed it that way. It's definitely doable in the real world. Hard to compare anything to it in the way of originality and smoothness in this genre...Like Dan said here, "short, sweet and to the point." What a deceptive piece of work -Absolutely excellent! You find something better in a tidbit like this, let me know, but I doubt it. Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Justin Miller's Coin Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL