The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Justin Miller's Coin Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
I'm sure Bob Fitch will have something on a similar line but that's about it. His baseball and basketball vanishes (with coins!) are on a similar line ;D
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
This is the first magic purchase I've made in a long time. I just got the e-book, and I'm very pleased. The three coin vanish is very clean and magical. Imagine doing Elbow, Knee, and Neck, then vanishing the 3 coins rather than just putting them away. Check out the video and study Justin's technique, which is excellent.

The copper/silver transpo is food for thought. I like the use of a real-world object (a plastic coin sleeve) and the fact that the routine is an "up" routine at chest level, and is very visual. I think that for too long we've always just assumed that anytime you can stick something into a spectator's hand, the effect is automatically better. ("Nothing is stronger than magic in the spectator's hands.") I don't think this is true, and many effects may actually play better without the problems that tend to follow placing things in spectators' hands. The use of a coin collector's clear pouch provides a lot of fodder for an engaging presentation.

The 3 coin appearance and vanish is deceptive and yet relatively easy.

I had to update my e-mail address in my Paypal account, but Justin's service was very prompt despite the wrinkle.

I would say that this is not a beginner's e-book, but it certainly is a worthwhile purchase for anyone who's been into coins for any length of time. What I especially liked about the book was that it got me thinking of all sorts of possibilities, something you don't find in the hackneyed, variation-of-a-variation books.

Good job, Justin.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Darrin,
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am glad you are getting " the best bang for your buck". I am still refining Trapped in china with some new ideas that are VERY VISUAL and stunning.
Justin Miller
Pachin
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Pachin
The effect Silver dream is very good and deceptive. Unfortunately and I am sotry to say it but the e-book does not explain in full detail some of the key moves to make some of the vanishes. I consider myself and intermediate coin worker and it is taking me sometime time to figure out a key move that was not explained. The must frustated part is that this is one of the most important moves in the whole routine and I think it might be one of his signature as well.

I do not think is fare that you have to buy the download video to learn what it was suppose to be explained in detail in the e-book. It is like having to purchase B to learn A. A book, electronic or paper should be complete in the first place. " IS EITHER THE WHOLE ENCHILADA OR NOTHING". There is no such a thing as half enchiladas!!!. Sorry to say.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Pachin,
I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with a move from the book. Please pm me and let me know what move it is. Also, you do not HAVE to buy the video to learn it. The video is there (by request) for those who like to SEE what the effect looks like to say "oh, that is how it is supposed to look. Not the other way around. The e-book goes into great detail of all the vanishes of the coins one..by one.
Justin Miller
Malcolm Kavalsky
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Malcolm Kavalsky
Why charge for a performance video ? As I understand it, the clip you have on your site is a successful sales generator.

It may be better for you to have clips of all the effects, or at least in a "secret" area free for downloading by those that have bought the e-book. This could also increase the amount of buyers.
Checkout the Bobo Project at:
http://kavalsky.net:3834/OpenBobo/
Clip index at:
http://planet.nana.co.il/openbobo/
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

This was not my idea. Many people had been asking me for a video explanation for JUST Silver Dream. So at the majority request I complied.
Justin Miller
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I believe every thing is described very well in this ebook. I purchased it a couple months ago and have been unable to make time to work on any thing in it yet. That will be changing today. Justin has done a great job with this, and in the clips it looks like real magic.
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
WOW !!! JUSTIN, you have got to be kidding!! That is "ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC"

All three coins.... Just like that.."GONE" AMAZING and EXTREMELY MAGICAL!!!!

"NOW THAT'S COIN MAGIC"

Great Job Justin....

MICKEY SILVER
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Mickey,
coming form you I am honered.
The link has changed by the way guys and galls
The new link is http://www.closeupartist.com
click on new stuff.
Malcom,
It is not a performance video it is a 36 min in-depth teaching video of Silver Dream.
Justin.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8832 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thereya go Jus, when you get a Mickey Silver saying how "Fantastic" it is...well, then it's Fantastic for sure! Smile I just gotta say again how beautiful an effect your "Silver Dream" is. For what's supposed to be a 3-Coin effect, it's the best thing I've seen since "3-Fly" became a household name. Expect this to become a classic for sure. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Your one by one 3 coin vanish is as smooth and deceptive as they get. I think Slydini would love it.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Larry,
Thank you for the kind words. Slydini is def. one of my inspirations for my magic.
Justin Miller
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Justin, I finally got a chance to work on silver dream. All I can say is I was starting to fool myself. WOW. This is great. I am having some difficulties in the second vanish, But this is great.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Corey,
Let me know what I can do to help.
Justin Miller
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Just came across this topic when about to read more about Mickey's Ultimate Vanish. I've ready just about every posting, and am now VERY curious. Is there an online demo of this effect, or do you just have to download the video for 20 U.S.? The way some posts read, I thought perhaps there was a online demo, so one could see the effect before purchasing.

Judging by the GREAT reviews, I don't think that is really necessary, but would still love to see a performance clip, if that's possible.

Also, most the links to Justin's site didn't work for me. I had to finally just delete some of the letters off the end of the link, before I got in.

REALLY looking forward to taking a serious look at this Justin, and CONGRATS on the EXCELLENT reviews you are getting. NICE JOB!!

I'm sure I'll be saying that again, very soon, once I've purchased the video.

Kindest Regards

smitty
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Smitty, that guy does great coinwork.
Se a demo at:
http://www.closeupartist.com/silverdream.htm
Looks like real magic, I just wonder where the weak points/boundaries are..simply looks too clean to be done in any *outfit*, anywhere/anytime, without any gaff..

As it is stated no gaff is used, there is only one explanation, and due to the black clothing, nothing can be seen, OTOH, the black clothing also is a disadvantage and should give a *flash* at the *moment*..

So my own conclusion still is, it is done incredibly well and there is no tell tale move re the work, but, as mentioned, there is only one explanation, though I wonder, no tell tale sound when doing a multiple vanish, nothing, very very well done!!!
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27145 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2005-09-29 11:38, Werner G. Seitz wrote:
Smitty, that guy does great coinwork.
Se a demo at:
http://www.closeupartist.com/silverdream.htm
Looks like real magic, I just wonder where the weak points/boundaries are..simply looks too clean to be done in any *outfit*, anywhere/anytime, without any gaff..

Be nice Werner. The Hot Potato and Roberts move have their place in the well dressed performer's list of workable options.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Don't worry John, I spotted all the moves, the easiest to spot was Richard Himbers coin canish, what I didn't spot, was any of the ditches, apart from the ditch for the last coin which was maybe, just maybe, more obvious then the others, also still done without any telltale and sound, so the work/performance was simply GREAT!! Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Once again guys. No gimmicks, no holdouts or any other device to "help" out.
it has been structured in such a way to produce the most MAXIMUM IMPACT possible. You MUST know SOME BASIC coin sleights to perform this routine. If you do not, then my prayer is that this routine (as been told to me so far from other magicians) will INSPIRE you to learn the moves.
Justin Miller
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Justin Miller's Coin Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL