The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Universal Horoscope (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Can anyone direct me to a universal horoscope?

I.e. a horoscope which gets a high accuracy rate regardless of who it is done on even though it seems quite specific.
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
I'd be surprised to find any horoscopes that are "quite specific". Since every horoscope that covers all signs is potentially applicable to every person on the planet, by design they must be vague.

A test: tell someone you will read their horoscope (from the person's favorite astrologist). Instead of reading the entry for their sign, read the wrong sign. Then ask how accurate it is (perhaps you'll have to wait a day or two to see how the prediction panned out).
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
"The stars are in a unique alignment for you today. While normally an outgoing individual, your stars are showing me that recently you have been a little more withdrawn, all most over worked. I do feel that this is partially do to a work ethic inside of you, that makes you give 120% of yourself in everything you do, sometimes even if it means sacrificing some of yourself. Whether that's health or more accuractely I have a feeling of lack of sleep. Especially this month in relationships. Watch out for a sapping and a seeming necessity for you to be the strong giving responsible one."

I could continue, but that would cost $15 a reading...
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
You have a positive outlook on life, are full of enterprise, energy, versatility, adventurousness and eagerness to extend experience beyond the physically familiar. You are honorable, honest, trustworthy, truthful, generous and sincere, with a passion for justice. You are usually on the side of the underdog in society they will fight for any cause you believe to be just, and are prepared to be rebellious. You balance loyalty with independence. You love music but have not explored that love as far as you might. You have probably learnt an instrument at one point but let it lapse.

Health - You have had back problems in the past or will have them soon. Look after your spine!

Love - You have had some heartbreak in the past but you have not let it destroy your ability to trust and be in a loving relationship.

Career - Your acheivements are due to your hardwork and you believe you could acheive more if given the opportunities.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
GREAT stuff fellas...very broad in your words...covers a lot of ground safely, securely, and efficiently...
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2945 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Nicholas, why did you ask the question if you seemed to have the answer?

Take a look at "The Fortune Teller" on my website. Can't go wrong there.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Alexandre - I wrote that little piece from my scratch with a bit of input from real horoscopes.. I have no idea what its accuracy rate would be. I asked to get a variety of opinions on writing these types of readings. Thanks for the link
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2945 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Well, you see how easy that was ... sounded good.
Christopher Caldwell
View Profile
New user
Scottsdale, Arizona
86 Posts

Profile of Christopher Caldwell
Check out James Randi's book Flim Flam. There's a "universal" type horoscope that is quite nice.

Hope this helps,
Christopher
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4933 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2005-09-06 03:06, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:

Health - You have had back problems in the past or will have them soon. Look after your spine!

I think saying "in the past" is fine, but suggesting "will have them soon" is really not a good idea.

People take this VERY seriously. I remember when I was learning palm readings. I would go to a Café and do free readings for the waitresses. One girl said she was going to die young because a palm reader told her she had a short life line.

I told her that was nonsense, that it's not the length of the line but the thickness and depth. I also noticed she had a "sister" life line and that she would live a long healthy life. She was so relieved. I thought it was sad someone would tell a person something so negative.

We are what we believe we are,
Sincerly,
James Linn
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
There is only one way to test it....

How accurate would you say the above Horoscope is for YOU?

For me, all but the back problems! So maybe 90% right
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2945 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Quote:
On 2005-09-06 03:06, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
You have a positive outlook on life, are full of enterprise, energy, versatility, adventurousness and eagerness to extend experience beyond the physically familiar. You are honorable, honest, trustworthy, truthful, generous and sincere, with a passion for justice. You are usually on the side of the underdog in society they will fight for any cause you believe to be just, and are prepared to be rebellious. You balance loyalty with independence. You love music but have not explored that love as far as you might. You have probably learnt an instrument at one point but let it lapse.

Love - You have had some heartbreak in the past but you have not let it destroy your ability to trust and be in a loving relationship.

Career - Your acheivements are due to your hardwork and you believe you could acheive more if given the opportunities.

It's mostly correct for me. I still play my instrument though....
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
James - Good points! I will adjust accordingly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Universal Horoscope (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL