The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » My First Sideshow Gathering (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
What a treat.

I was only able to be there Friday night, as I had to leave at 6 a.m. for shows in Maryland, but it was well worth the trip.

The performances were fun (I was particularly glad to finally see some of SideShow Benny's work--but sorry that I couldn't be there to see TGN and others on Saturday). The best part, tho, was getting to meet people.

Some for the first time, like Slim (a true gentleman), CM Christ, Aye Jaye (we'll finish that card game next year), and Matt the Knife. And, after many very generous emails, finally getting to meet Ses Carny face-to-face.

Franco gets his own mention: also a real gentleman, truly friendly and welcoming. Thanks for all the hard work.

It was also nice to have time to chat with folks I had met only briefly before, like James Taylor, Benny, and Stephanie from the Bindlestiffs.

Sadly, there were others I didn't get the opportunity to shake hands with and say "hello" to, like Ward Hall, Red Stuart, and Nippulini. Maybe next year.

All-in-all a nice experience that really whetted my appetite for next year.

~Stephon
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Friday was a busy busy night.

I don't know if I ran into you or not, I had what looked like the big jellybean on my lip, and was in the utilikilt.

Glad you had a great time at the gathering.
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
This marks year 3 for me not being able to make the show. I so was looking forward to going this year and I even had something fun planned to do with George The Giant but due to his operation and booking in some last minute shows I had to pass again. It just sucks that this happens every year, but I have to make a living so I had to pass, I hope maybe to do it next year. I hope everyone had a great time and maybe we shall see you next year.
John
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Stephon,

It was great to meet you too. It was a shame that you didn't have more time or were able to catch my set on Saturday night. But at least you were there to see our SSAI record. (I had sustained a bit of an injury earlier that day so I was feeling a bit off and I was therefore glad when that was over and out of the way.)

I hope to see you out there again next year. It's hard to get more bang for your buck. And with Franco (one of the best guys on the ***ed planet) running it we always have a blast! Hell, even though I'm there working I consider it to be one of my annual vacations since I get to hang with so many of my good friends at one time.

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)

PS- I'll be working in DC sometime within the next few months and would love to have you come out if you have the time.
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Quote:
On 2005-09-07 11:34, MattTheKnife wrote:
PS- I'll be working in DC sometime within the next few months and would love to have you come out if you have the time.
Absolutely--just lemme know when.

~Stephon
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
I'm still laughing about getting married on stage after the big swallow, that way our first annerversary vacation WILL be at the sideshow gathering!

yes I'm a crafty little bleep.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » My First Sideshow Gathering (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.35 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL