The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Creative Illusions - Impaled (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Star_magic
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Star_magic
Hi All!

Any of you got experience with illusions manufactured by Creative Illusions, quality, stability etc.?

I got an offer on the Impalement made by Creative Illusions, and would like to know if I'm buying "the cat in the sack".. or if the quality is ok?

Got bad experiences in the past with Impaled made by Mephisto Magic in Belgium before, and wouldn't risk that again.

Hope to hear from you!;)

All the best
jamieallan
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jamieallan
Go for it! The build is good but check out the illusion first, might have had a hard and un-loved life!

JA
Star_magic
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Star_magic
The illusion itself has only been used 1 month in a theater, so it's pretty new, but far away, so I can't check it out before I buy, unfortunately...Smile Was just curious as how the reputation of the firm is, but I've only heard god things about Creative Illusions.
I have just seen so much crap, especially Impaled Illusions. They are so complicated to built, but unfortunately some people think they are masters of it, especially Mephisto in Belgium. NEVER EVER should you buy those illusions from them. One of our dancers actually fell of the tip of the sword an unjured her back severely.
jamieallan
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jamieallan
I still would go and view the illusion and check it out, someone might have had a play with it and changed a lot of things on it (which does happen).

Unless of course you are buying it at a price which is to good to miss???

JA
Star_magic
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Star_magic
Price is 3100$.....
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Wow that is a good price for that peice. If it is the Creative Illusion that I am thinking that was open in Las Vegas at one time before closeing some time ago then it is a good prop.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
It's only a good price if it works properply and does not cause serious harm to your assistant!!!!

Jack
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Profile of Oliver - Twist
Hi Star Magic,

I don't suggest to by it. Mephisto's Illusions are bought rip off illusions from Italie, if I'm right.

On my knowing, they haven't got the right to build and sell the illusion.

Ask them to show you the offical paper before buying.

I' know a french guy who bought a Slicer Illusion from them and he wasn't happy at all. He needed to change a lot on the illusion before he could use it correctly.

So just an advince, think twice...
May all your days be magical

Oliver Twist
Star_magic
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Star_magic
Hi again!

Thanks, but Oliver Twist, I think you are misunderstanding something, the one that I bought from Mephisto is a long time ago, and it was crap.

Now I got an offer on a Impaled built by Creative Illusions (las Vegas). Would just hear if you guys had any experiences with illusions from this company.

Trust me, I know that MEPHISTO's versions are just crap, and not secure at all, our dancer found out the hard way:(
jamieallan
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jamieallan
I would just jump on a plane and go view it!

JA
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

I believe the orginal price tag on that piece was around 6 or 7 grand. I just saw the add for it when looking through a mag I have. Very nice looking prop. So pretty much you are getting it half of the orginal. That isn't to bad of a deal

Michael
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Star_magic
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Star_magic
Ohh is that right? Would it be possible for you to scan and mail me the add? would very much appreciate as much info as possible...!:)
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Sent you a PM
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Murray Hatfield
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
150 Posts

Profile of Murray Hatfield
Star Magic,

Creative Illusions was founded by Ken Whittaker who invented and built the original Impaled. He performed it himself in Vegas many years ago and then eventually put it on the market. If you've found a Creative Illusions Impaled for $3100.00 BUY IT!
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
I purchased 2 illusions from Creative Illusions; Aerial Exchange and Gemini Cage. Both were extremely well made and I still own and use Aerial Exchange.
Creative Illusions has been out of business for a few years. You still need to make sure of the reliability of this particular Impaled. Do you know the person from whom you will be purchasing it? You want to make sure that it is someone that you can trust, b/c obviously Creative Illusions can no longer service it.
Lou
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
I thought that they (creative illusions) changed thier name? When I called the # for creative illusions I got soem porp manufature and they said they use to be CE and I was inquiring about an illusion and they guy gave me a quote
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
I second What Murray Says...If it is really a creative impaled Just buy it I would stand behind anything creative has built.
Star_magic
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Star_magic
WOW, thank you all for replying at my question. I'm glad that you all got so great experiences with the company, you made my choice a lot more easy!:)

Thanks again!
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Are you talking about the impaled(by creative illusions) that is for sale in Finland - if yes, I think it was sold a couple of days ago...
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Yes, indeed it was sold.
Sent from my Typewriter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Creative Illusions - Impaled (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL