The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Printing a magic E book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
340 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
Hi everyone,

I have recieved a magic CD in HTML and would like to print out the whole thing using odd and even printing to get it as near to a book as I can.

But explorer only lets me print one page at a time.

Any ideas what to do with it.

Regards The Pianoman

PS there are 47 books on the cd... so you can understand my wanting to print quicker than one page at a time. 8:)
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
Well, if you want to spend a little time...

You can highlight the text, copy, and then paste into a word processor like MS Word. Then you can edit for page breaks, etc. and print it out in its entirety.

Sometimes pictures do not survive the copy-paste process. It that case you would need to right click on the picture, save it (I would suggest seting up a directory just for this purpose) and then use insert-picture to place it in the text.

It's a little work but you have the advantage of formatting it like you want.

Also,(pirinting from Explorer) if the HTML page that Explorer prints takes more than 1 regular sheet of paper, Explorer will not automatically space graphics. In other words when the end of the page comes, the printer feeds another sheet and a graphic may show half on the first sheet and the other half on the next sheet. Netscape doesn't do this but pushes the graphics to the next sheet if necessary.

Anyway, that's a way to do it.

Smile

Have a great (and profitable) holiday season!

Ray Banks
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Printing a magic E book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL